Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Digital editions shows uninstalled

I can't find it anywhere in my system. But every time I try to install it it says downloading for 2 seconds, then opens the installer window, I click agree and it instantly launches. As soon as I close it's window it doesn't exist in my system again.
Is there anywhere without the fancy flash BS adobe has decided to stick into their installer download?
If I could just download an installer and install it it would work I think, but it keeps checking my system somehow and deciding I've already got it.

I like the interface, but this is just silly.

EDIT: nevermind.
It seems like 5th time's the charm.
I keep uninstalling any bits to do with DE using revo uninstaller. I guess it finally nailed whatever it was, because it let me install this time. That flash download still sucks.

Last edited by JGB; 12-01-2008 at 12:31 AM.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
That flash download still sucks.
As does the *!@#$^% path that it forces us to install at. However when it works, the Purchase and download workflow is really slick (read highly demo-able, and you'll understand why it's still there).

Definitely one of my pet peeves, and hopefully I'll be able to announce the fix sometime soon.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert