Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #46
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That seems to me to defeat the whole purpose of tags. To me, a book about the history of the USA should be tagged "History" and "USA", so it shows up under both categories.
I still see uses for it. If categories could be organized that way it would be easy to find all history books and all USA history books.

With your method how do you find only books on USA history using those collections?

Last edited by jhowell; 11-08-2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typo
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #47
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Would nested collections make any sense? Collections are tags, remember, not folders; their whole point really is that you can apply multiple tags to a book, so you could tag a book as "Mystery", "Favourites" and "Hercule Poirot", for example. I'm not really sure what a nested collection would physically mean.
I understand they are essentially tags, I just have loads of them and for my usage it'd be nice to have it as a folder style system rather than tags
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #48
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
I understand they are essentially tags, I just have loads of them and for my usage it'd be nice to have it as a folder style system rather than tags
Yes, especially for back issues of periodicals and journals.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote