Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHolyGrail View Post
I also sometimes have this issue with phones and tablets, but so far not the Oasis because it only flips 180 degrees automatically. If you want to switch orientation between landscape and portrait, you must actually select it from the menu. This helps a lot.
Thank you - yes, that’s the key to it. It’s the random flips between portrait and landscape orientation that are annoying when using the iPad flat.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #17
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Note (to new purchasers): you can also tell the Oasis which button should be forward, and which is backward. Having had a Voyage (still do), the built-in direction of the buttons felt wrong to me. So I switched so that the bottom button is forward, and I'm all set! (Original Oasis, not the new one.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #18
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, KT, PW2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Note (to new purchasers): you can also tell the Oasis which button should be forward, and which is backward. Having had a Voyage (still do), the built-in direction of the buttons felt wrong to me. So I switched so that the bottom button is forward, and I'm all set! (Original Oasis, not the new one.)
Great info because my Voyage is my main reader and I do use the buttons, thanks!
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #19
NullNix
Fanatic
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I think it all depends how you hold it. Whatever button is under the finger you want to use to turn pages by default should be 'forwards' (unless you read books backwards ).
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #20
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle PW2 and Voyage; Kobo Aura HD and One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
I think it all depends how you hold it. Whatever button is under the finger you want to use to turn pages by default should be 'forwards' (unless you read books backwards ).
Actually--what I wish with my Voyage (and would probably want the same thing with an Oasis2 if I ever break down and get one) is for all the buttons to default to forward, so no matter where I rest my hand a press would move the page forward. For the odd times that I need to page back, it would be easy enough to tap or swipe the screen.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #21
vicwong48
vicwong48 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ebook reader, B&N Nook, Kindle Oasis
Maybe I have small hands, but it sometimes feels a bit slippery while holding it one handed in portrait and clicking a button. I like using landscape with the buttons on the bottom, two fingers on the back and my thumb on one of the buttons. For me it just feels better balanced that way if I'm using one hand.
vicwong48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #22
seanyyz
Enthusiast
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I agree about the buttons. I have “reversed” the kindle buttons so that it feels right now. I think that is what has bothered me about it since I got it in April.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #23
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, KT, PW2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicwong48 View Post
Maybe I have small hands, but it sometimes feels a bit slippery while holding it one handed in portrait and clicking a button. I like using landscape with the buttons on the bottom, two fingers on the back and my thumb on one of the buttons. For me it just feels better balanced that way if I'm using one hand.
Thank you, I did try it last night in bed and it was very comfortable.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote