Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 08:02 PM   #91
lucida
Enthusiast
lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: PW3
I was able to hide the old KUAL entry by:

Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
tried to delete the whole entry but failed, got an error of unsupported collation "icu".
lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #92
ammadeusy
ammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: pw3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
  1. ...
  2. ...
  3. "Reset (to factory defaults)"
  4. At this point, the coplate "Master Hotfix Package" could have saved the day for you.
hello @knc1. so I did everything until step 4, shit. let me describe.

1-i received a pw3 5.8.10.1 (G090G1),
2-put it on airplane mode
3-reset it
4-downgraded it to 5.7.4 initial
5-installed main-htmlviewer.tar.gz
6-installed Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin (maybe a restart happened)
7-activated wifi and connected to internet
8-installed kual (file was showing in the library as a DEV item)
9-some stuff started running, like the 5.9.2 update and syncing to my girlfriends amazon account, because she bought it to me.
10-de-registered the kindle
11-registered to my account
12-problems with kual to run.
13-update to 5.9.2 requested a restart.
14-no signal of kual to run correctly
15-after some 2 hours i decided, stupidly, to reset to factory status and restart the process. bad mistake.
16-no success at all
17-tried the Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin, sucess, jailbreak is listed in the root directory, but nothing else is happening.

did I lock the kindle to Amazon's environment? can it be reversed?

thank you!

Last edited by ammadeusy; 11-30-2017 at 10:39 AM.
ammadeusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #93
knc1
Analog Forever!
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No, you just have to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
None of our add-ins are protected across updates, you must always re-install them.
For packages that do not install with UYK, you can use MrPI with the search bar command: ;log mrpi

For 5.9.2, report in detail any problems you have, because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
If jailbroken on an earlier firmware version, the jailbreak is known to survive the update to either 5.8.8, 5.8.9, 5.8.9.2, 5.8.10, 5.8.11.
Untested with an update to 5.9.2

Last edited by knc1; 11-30-2017 at 11:00 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #94
ammadeusy
ammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
For packages that do not install with UYK, you can use MrPI with the search bar command: ;log mrpi
i was missing that. i was trying to install KUAL *.bin directly at the root, but the command saved me. i had no clue that it could work.

Quote:
For 5.9.2, report in detail any problems you have, because:
work as a charm, the process. the problem was that i changed the registration of kindle and decided to use reset after getting to 5.9.2 and kual not working. After thatI was forced to use @coplate's method to correct the JB back to 5.9.2. so the downgrade was successful.

as well, i completely forgot that I needed to install KOreader and confuse it with KUAL itself. so I thought after KUAL, KOReader should magically run. dont know why...

anyway, KOReader is running under KUAL 2.7.2 in my Kindle 5.9.2 PW3 G090G1.

obs.: i would like to highly suggest that the error of de-registering to be described at the tutorial. it would have helped me... hehe.

thanks a lot!
Old 12-01-2017, 03:24 AM   #95
knc1
Analog Forever!
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadeusy View Post
i was missing that. i was trying to install KUAL *.bin directly at the root, but the command saved me. i had no clue that it could work.
Meaning you forgot this part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break, step #8
KOA and KT3 owners:
You must run the installer with your new, search bar command: ;log mrpi
Other models covered in this thread may do the same or may run it from KUAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadeusy View Post
- - - - -
obs.: i would like to highly suggest that the error of de-registering to be described at the tutorial. it would have helped me... hehe.

thanks a lot!
The directions are already long enough that you are forgetting parts of them.
You really think I should make them longer?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 05:24 AM   #96
ammadeusy

Quote:
Meaning you forgot this part: (...)KOA and KT3 owners: (...)
I immediately skipped it because of the KOA/KT3 mention.

Quote:
You really think I should make them longer?
It was just a suggestion. thanks anyway. have a nice day.