Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 01:43 AM   #106
graph
graph began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook classic 2
Hello.Thanks for ReLaunchX.Works great.
But have a question.How can I hide sdr folders created by Koreader, using 'Filter Setting' option?Or these settings works for files,not for folders?

Last edited by graph; 12-07-2017 at 02:01 AM.
graph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #107
carpeLibre
carpeLibre began at the beginning.

Device: Boox i86
True Library Mode

Is anyone thinking of adding a true library mode to ReLaunch, where it scans the ebook metadata (author / series etc.) and allows views by author / title, author / series / series # and title and series / series # / title? That is the last thing I am looking for in an ebook launcher. They library functions on the Nook and Boox do not do a good job here and those ereaders that do it tend to display the lists terribly for eink (large covers instead of text list).
carpeLibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 01:42 AM   #108
M_Faust
Enthusiast
M_Faust began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max, PocketBook 912
ReLaunch can scans the ebook metadata (author / series etc.) and allows views them but can't sort by author / title, author / series / series # and title and series / series # / title.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #109
aronchav
aronchav began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
How do I install to a glow light 3? Sorry if this is answered somewhere, please just point me to instructions

Does this take the place of something like Nova Launcher, or do I need that to run relaunchx? I've rooted and tinkered with a lot of phones and tablets, but this is my first trip on a dedicated ereader so I'm a noob here
aronchav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:57 PM   #110
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Nook, Onyx, Boyue, Kindle
I think you just tap on the apk just like any other. This is how it worked on the Nook ST.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 01:16 AM   #111
aronchav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I think you just tap on the apk just like any other. This is how it worked on the Nook ST.
I don't have to unlock the ADB debugging or whatever that is or jump through any hoops? I'd try it out, but I'm waiting for my device to be delivered.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:48 AM   #112
plusz
Addict
plusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notes

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Hello,

I don't contribute much to my hobby projects this time as I am busy with looking for a job. I will continue improving ReLaunchX someday at least as long as I am using it myself ;-)
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #113
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeLibre View Post
Is anyone thinking of adding a true library mode to ReLaunch, where it scans the ebook metadata (author / series etc.) and allows views by author / title, author / series / series # and title and series / series # / title? That is the last thing I am looking for in an ebook launcher. They library functions on the Nook and Boox do not do a good job here and those ereaders that do it tend to display the lists terribly for eink (large covers instead of text list).
If you use calibre to manage your books I would recommend calibre companion app. The developer for calibre companion uses an android based eink reader as well so most of the pain points of using the app on eink have been removed. I was admant about using folders for sorting my ebooks but after using calibre companion for the last few years I have been converted over though I still do send the books to my device as Genre/Author/Series/Books as that a habit I built using non android based users.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #114
aronchav

I have gotten ADB to recognize the nook gl3 and install relaunchx. At least it says installation was successful. But I can't get the launcher to actually launch. I have disconnected the nook from the PC and rebooted, and I've tried rebooting from ADB, but it always boots back to nook with no other options.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #115
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@aranchov. I'm not sure where you're at. Have you turned on dev mode? I know that's necessary to run apks on the nook. You might need to root. Look on the xda forum.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/noo...ght-3-t3698608

Last edited by Pajamaman; 12-28-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:13 AM   #116
aronchav

Nevermind. I'm an idiot. On the f-droid download page, there is a button to download an actual f-droid apk and then a little further down a text link to get the launcher apk. I was trying to install the f-droid apk. I noticed this after I installed nova launcher and wondered why the f-droid icon was in my app drawer. Two mysteries solved.

Anyway, relaunchx seems to be working on Nook GL3.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #117
Pajamaman
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronchav View Post
Nevermind. I'm an idiot. On the f-droid download page, there is a button to download an actual f-droid apk and then a little further down a text link to get the launcher apk. I was trying to install the f-droid apk. I noticed this after I installed nova launcher and wondered why the f-droid icon was in my app drawer. Two mysteries solved.

Anyway, relaunchx seems to be working on Nook GL3.
Can you describe the steps you followed to get it to work please?
Old 12-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #118
aronchav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Can you describe the steps you followed to get it to work please?
Sure. Root is not needed. The only tricky part is getting ADB authorized. This thread is where I got most of my information, but the guys over at XDA didn't really give a clear explanation for getting it authorized, so I'll try to simplify it and let you know what worked for me. If my steps don't work, read that thread to see the troubles they were having.

The first thing I did with my Nook GL3 is install the firmware beta 48.3.20 from the Nook forums here. I'm sure it doesn't matter to relaunchx, but I wanted to get rid of the partition before I did anything else.

Next, set up ADB on your PC with these instructions. There is a link on that page to download what you need.

Getting ADB authorization:

1. Go to Nook>Settings>About. You should see the serial number, app version, etc. At the top of that page, there is a nook icon. Tap that icon rapidly until the developer menu opens.

2. Tap "Android Development Settings" and check the box for "USB debugging".

This is where it gets tricky. I'm not sure how much of this is necessary, but it works and is easier than the "just keep trying it" method from XDA, lol.

3. At the Developer options screen you are on (where you checked the box), hit the back arrow at the top-left of the screen to go back. But do not exit the developer menu.

4. Launch ADB Terminal and plug the USB in to the nook. Activate file sharing mode on the nook. At the Terminal command prompt, type "./adb devices". ADB should recognize the nook, but say that it is unauthorized.

5. From windows, eject the nook to disconnect the file sharing. Once the nook's USB file sharing screen goes away, you should be able to see the developer menu again. Tap "Allow Debugging" one time! There will be no confirmation, just do it one time.

6. Unplug the USB, plug it back in, activate file sharing. Back in Terminal, type "./adb devices" again. This time it should see the device and simply say "device" where it used to say "unauthorized". Congratulations! You can now install a launcher.

If this worked, the hard part is over. If it didn't work, check out the XDA forum linked above and see if anything there helps.

7. In Terminal, type "./adb install <filelocation>", where filelocation is the complete address of the apk. If you have file explorer open, you can just type "./adb install" then drag the file in to the terminal and it will copy the location for you. (Make sure there is a space betwee "install" and the path.

8. ADB should do it's thing and you will get a "success" message in Terminal.

9. Eject the nook from the PC. Shortly after the connection is cut, a window should open on the nook allowing you to select either the nook launcher or relaunchx.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #119
Pajamaman
Wizard

Many thanks aronchav. This will save many people time in the future. My NG3 will arrive soon, and I will use your details as guide.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #120
Pajamaman
Wizard

@plusz

It seems that relaunchx (and the original relaunch) does not see the internal memory card, at least on a nook st, nook glowlight and nook gl3. By this, I mean the file navigator in relaunchx simply does not show internal memory. I have to insert an sd-card in the device to be able to store and access any files. This is a problem on the nook gl3 because it has no external sd-card slot! Can you cast any light on why this is, and if there is any way round it?

Edit: Found it. Under Advanded Settings/General Setting, untick Don't leave Start folder.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 01-11-2018 at 09:56 PM.