Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #466
Raswan
Raswan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have some problems with Bookcreator 2007.
If i try additional parameters "--toc-title=" , Word 2007 go to debug and show "compile error : argument not optional".
Used Bookcreator 3.0 before without problem in Word 2007.
Also noticed older menus in accessories , new menus and icons works are visible too. Is this normal, or its some problem with older version BC 3.0 ?
Raswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #467
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raswan View Post
I have some problems with Bookcreator 2007.
If i try additional parameters "--toc-title=" , Word 2007 go to debug and show "compile error : argument not optional".
Used Bookcreator 3.0 before without problem in Word 2007.
Also noticed older menus in accessories , new menus and icons works are visible too. Is this normal, or its some problem with older version BC 3.0 ?
That's a bug in the code. It existed in 2003 but I fixed it in BC 2003 after I forked the code to BC 2007, so it was not fixed in BC 2007. I'll upload the fix. But if you want to do it yourself it's easy

change
Code:
setAdditionalParam = txtAddParam.Text

to
Code:
setAdditionalParam txtAddParam.Text
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #468
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
5981 macro storage in 2007w

Hi,
I have a word 2007 and I can't get any of the features to work besides inserting a page break wich works great thank you.
I open the dotm (latest ver, 3.5.02 from the 1st page)
Then either file import, or copy-paste - no matter what I click I get 5981: cannot open macro storage.
Security disabled (run all macro)
Thanks
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #469
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangop View Post
Hi,
I have a word 2007 and I can't get any of the features to work besides inserting a page break wich works great thank you.
I open the dotm (latest ver, 3.5.02 from the 1st page)
Then either file import, or copy-paste - no matter what I click I get 5981: cannot open macro storage.
Security disabled (run all macro)
Thanks
I've fixed the problem re-download the app from the link, or download the attached copy(it's the same file.)

=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_2007_v3.05.03.zip (205.4 KB, 611 views)
Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #470
zoidozoido
zoidozoido began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi,

first of all, thank you for the great work. BookCreator can save some time when creating ebooks.
However, it seems that BookCreator 3.5.03 is not compatible with Word 2010 - every time I try to save an ebook, it ends up in a crash (just after the creation is completed, so it is not a very serious issue).
Much worse is the second flaw: After many tries, I was not able to find out how to tag chapters properly - even if I set the format manually for every chapter title, when the button "Insert TOC" is pushed, it inserts only a blank line or Book title. Funny thing: I tried 2003 version first and chaptering went quite well, but that version was not able to save the books. So, at this moment, I am able to make ebooks with Word 2010 in this way:

1. Import .doc to BookCreator 2003 template.
2. Set chapters, insert TOC.
3. Save
4. Import saved .doc to BookCreator 2007 template.
5. Create ebook.
6. Wait for my ebook and consequent Word crash.

zoidozoido is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #471
=X=
Wizard

Hi zoidozoido,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidozoido View Post
However, it seems that BookCreator 3.5.03 is not compatible with Word 2010 - every time I try to save an ebook, it ends up in a crash
There are two versions of BookCreator(BC). There is a 2003 version and a 2007 version. It looks like you have the wrong version. Re-Downlaod the correct version and the crash problem should disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidozoido View Post
Much worse is the second flaw: After many tries, I was not able to find out how to tag chapters properly
To tag a chapter for BC you have to use the "Chapter Title" and "Chapter Sub Title" menu settings. With BC2003 these menus are called "Title" and "SubTitle".

You can also use any of the styles with the "_2..." prefix

Once you've properly labeled your titles then you can use the "Insert TOC" option.

=X=
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #472
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does it work in OS X?

I am trying to use BookCreator_2007.dotm with Word for Mac 2011 under OS X Lion, but nothing seems to happen. I don't see any special toolbar or anything else not present for an ordinary Word document. I see a few old posts, several years ago, saying the template does not work under OS X. Is that still true, or do OS X users need to do something special?

P.S. Office for Mac 2011 does include VBA, but I did not have it installed. After installing VBA, I tried to create a new document from the template and got the following error message:

Quote:
Compile error in hidden module:
ThisDocument
Google suggested that I might need to delete my normal.dotm file, so I did so. A new one was generated when I restarted Word. When I try to create a new document from template, a new document window opens and a few seconds later I see the following error message:

Quote:
Could not open macro storage
When I click Okay, a bunch of debugger windows open and I see the following, separate error message:

Quote:
Compile error:
Can't find project or library
When I click Okay, a debugger window is already open with the following window name:

Quote:
BookCreator_2007.dotm - ThisDocument (Code)
Inside that window, the debugger has marked the following line with an arrow and yellow highlighting:

Quote:
Private Sub Document_New()
I don't see a line number, but these are the next few lines:

Quote:
' create toolbar.
' HISTORY:
' DATE: 08/22/2008
'________________________________________________
On Error GoTo Doc_New_Error
There is another debugger window open with the following window title:

Quote:
BookCreator_2007.dotm - frmCalibreAllFormat (Code)
In this second debugger window, I don't see an arrow or yellow highlighting, but the fields at the very top say "cbxAll" on the left and "click" on the right.

There is another debugger window open with references to normal.dotm and BookCreator_2007.dotm and indented subreferences, but it does not appear to say much, if anything relevant, apart from having the focus on frmCalibreAllFormat.

There is another debugger window open called "Properties," but this window is empty. Both tabs are empty.

The new document that caused all these problems can be closed with no further error messages. However, when I try to close Word itself, I get the following error message:

Quote:
Compile error:
Can't find project or library
Two more debugger windows open -- Project (focus on ThisDocument) and BookCreator_2007.dotm - ThisDocument (Code) -- with the latter showing an arrow and yellow highlighting on the following line:

Quote:
Private Sub Document_Close()
For now, I don't save the unspecified changes that were made to BookCreator_2007.dotm.

Everything after I deleted the normal.dotm file and its recreation is 100% repeatable every time I try to create a new document from the BookCreator template.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Last edited by Jimbo724; 07-22-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #473
Jimbo724
Connoisseur

BTW, where exactly am I supposed to store BookCreator_2007.dotm? I put it in the following OS X directory:

Quote:
/Users/Jimbo/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Templates/BookCreator_2007.dotm
At that location, the create-from-template dialogue lists the BC template with my others.

Is the BC template supposed to go somewhere else?

Last edited by Jimbo724; 07-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #474
=X=
Wizard

BC did not work on the past with Mac OS X because this tool needs VBA.

As you indicated it seems ms office for Macs now has VBA. So in theory it should work. There is only one part of the tool that make windows api calls but that code is contained and should be easy to replace.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #475
Jimbo724
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The error you are getting for missing libaries might be due to the version of word you are using. One of the key libraries BookCreator uses is regular expressions. I believe they added that library add part of office in 2003, but offered it as a plugin for 2000.
How, in general, does one check whether one has this "regular expressions" thing installed?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #476
=X=
Wizard

You can put it any where. I put it in the template directory.

Open the vba debugger (usually by pressing Alt+F11).Open the menu option tools|references (I'm doing this from memory so I can be off a little)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #477
Jimbo724
Connoisseur

Nothing called "regular expressions" or "regex" is in the list of References.

The checked references include 3 object libraries, VBA, and Normal.

The UNchecked references include 3 object libraries for other Office apps, OLE Automation, TemplateProject, Chart 14 Type Library, and VBA Extensibility 5.3. I have no idea whether "regular expressions" might be part of one of the UNchecked references.

Last edited by Jimbo724; 07-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #478
Jimbo724
Connoisseur

Google finds two people who say Office for Mac does not do regular expressions. I cannot find anything saying that it does. Apparently there are workarounds, but I do not understand and cannot even begin to explain them. Not sure they will even work after sandboxing becomes more widespread (mandatory?) in Mountain Lion.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #479
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It might be that in Word it is called something like 'wildcard search'.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #480
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
No, no...I remember something about this. Mac doesn't have "regex," isn't it simply called GREP in Mac, or am I utterly off-base here?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote