Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #2416
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I went down to a farm supply store because they where having a big sale on chicks. I got there and found a bunch of baby chickens. What a letdown.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:39 AM   #2417
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 07 Jan
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 03:43 AM   #2418
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acataloger View Post
Yes and thank-you for asking!
YW
Old 01-07-2018, 03:45 AM   #2419
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Thank's I've had this kicking around my ebook wishlist for eons
Glad you were able to get it.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:45 AM   #2420
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I went down to a farm supply store because they where having a big sale on chicks. I got there and found a bunch of baby chickens. What a letdown.
...good one
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 04:49 AM   #2421
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 07 Jan

* These United States: A Nation in the Making, 1890 to the Present
Old 01-08-2018, 12:48 AM   #2422
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
You all know, Amazon discontinued the free monthly Whyspersync title last year. While the deal isn't quite as good, there is a new sorta-free offer - you just have to work for it a little. If you're a Prime member, you I'm sure know you can get a free book using Kindle First. Amazon added a little extra to this offer this year - a free Kindle Single for Prime reading. This means you can borrow it (and sometimes the audio) for free.

It turns out you can get it even if you don't have Prime. Both January's and February's Single have the Whyspersync price set for $0.00. This means that when you get the Kindle version (both are $1.99 for now) you can get the Audible version free. I've been using my $1 slo-mo shipping credits to get the book so that I don't lose the Audible version when they eventually rotate off Prime reading.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:05 AM   #2423
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 08 Jan
Old 01-08-2018, 04:13 AM   #2424
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 08 Jan

* So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
Old 01-08-2018, 05:58 AM   #2425
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Channels for Prime --> Jan 2018 --- Amazon | Audible --- Archives | Help | Thread

FREE -- Free Audiobooks (10 channels | 59 titles) --> rental only | Prime only
Quote:
What devices or apps support Audible Channels?

Audible Channels is available in the Audible for Android, iOS, Windows 10 apps, as well as on 4th, 5th, and 6th Generation Fire Tablets (Fire HD 6", Fire HD 7", Fire 7", Fire HD 8". and Fire HD 10").
Quote:
How do I listen to Channels on my mobile device?

Audible Channels content can be streamed or downloaded to listen to offline using the Audible app on iOS, Android, Windows 10, or on select Fire Tablets.
Editors' Choice (6 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared -- Jonas Jonasson
    • What If? -- Randall Munroe
    • The Unseen World -- Liz Moore
    • The Practicing Mind -- Thomas Sterner
    • The Plantagenets -- Dan Jones
    • H is for Hawk -- Helen Macdonald
Follow the Clues (5 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • The Secret Adversary -- Agatha Christie
    • Baltimore Blues -- Laura Lippman
    • The Hound of the Baskervilles -- Authur Conan Doyle
    • Dust and Shadow -- Lyndsay Faye
    • The Coroner's Lunch -- Colin Cotterill
Celebrity Voices -- Classic Stories (8 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer -- Mark Twian
    • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn -- Mark Twain
    • Heart of Darkness -- Joseph Conrad
    • Dracula -- Bram Stoker
    • Classic Love Poems -- William Shakespeare, et al
    • The Art of War -- Sun Tzu
    • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland -- Lewis Carroll
    • Pride and Prejudice -- Jane Austen
Truly Criminal (6 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • People Who Eat Darkness -- Richard Parry
    • Zodiac -- Robert Graysmith
    • Catch Me If You Can -- Frank Abagnale
    • Columbine -- Dave Cullen
    • If I Did It -- Goldman Family, et al
    • Mafia Prince -- Phillip Leonetti, et al
You & Improved (6 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • No Excuses! -- Brian Tracy
    • Stitches -- Anne Lamott
    • Shark Tank Jumpstart Your Business -- Michael DuDell, et al
    • The Confidence Gap -- Russ Harris, et al
    • Buddhism for Beginners -- Thubten Chodron
    • Beyond Happiness -- Ezra Bayda
Better Than the Movie (5 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • The Prestige -- Christopher Priest
    • The Zookeeper's Wife -- Diane Ackerman
    • Slumdog Millionaire -- Vikas Swarup
    • Jaws -- Peter Benchley
    • The Descendants -- Kaui Hemmings
Dramatic History (6 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Goodbye, Darkness -- William Manchester
    • Fighter Pilot -- Robin Olds, et al
    • Bloodlands-- Timothy Snyder
    • SEAL Team Six -- Howard Wasdin, et al
    • What It Is Like to Go to War -- Karl Marlantes
    • A Higher Call -- Adam Makos
For All Generations (8 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Timeless Tales of Beatrix Potter -- Beatrix Potter
    • Winnie-the-Pooh -- AA Milne
    • Junie B Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus (book 1) -- Barbara Park
    • Dinosaurs Before Dark -- Mary Osborne
    • The Wind in the Willows -- Kenneth Grahame
    • The VelveteenRabbit -- Margery Williams
    • Clifford the Big Red Dog -- Norman Bridwell
    • Nate the Great and the Lost List (book 3) -- Marjorie Sharmat
Get Hooked -- Series Starters (4 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Talon -- Julie Kagawa
    • Bloody Jack -- LA Meyer
    • Open and Shut -- David Rosenfelt
    • Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death -- MC Beaton
Worlds Away -- Sci-Fi Classics (5 titles)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Bloodchild and Other Stories -- Octavia Butler
    • Shards of Honor -- Lois Bujold
    • The War of the Worlds -- HG Wells
    • The End of Eternity -- Isaac Asimov
    • Ender's Game Alive -- Orson Card

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-14-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #2426
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible Channels for Prime --> Jan 2018

Quote:
Fire OS not allowed
Sometimes I hate Amazon. I'm not as militant as some, but honestly, Amazon! Way to reward those who've bought entirely into your ecosystem. It's of a part with the lousy native Audible player in the Fire OS, so much worse than its Android and iOS counterparts.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #2427
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
You all know, Amazon discontinued the free monthly Whyspersync title last year. While the deal isn't quite as good, there is a new sorta-free offer - you just have to work for it a little. If you're a Prime member, you I'm sure know you can get a free book using Kindle First. Amazon added a little extra to this offer this year - a free Kindle Single for Prime reading. This means you can borrow it (and sometimes the audio) for free.

It turns out you can get it even if you don't have Prime. Both January's and February's Single have the Whyspersync price set for $0.00. This means that when you get the Kindle version (both are $1.99 for now) you can get the Audible version free. I've been using my $1 slo-mo shipping credits to get the book so that I don't lose the Audible version when they eventually rotate off Prime reading.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Thanks - added to OP
Old 01-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #2428
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Sometimes I hate Amazon. I'm not as militant as some, but honestly, Amazon! Way to reward those who've bought entirely into your ecosystem. It's of a part with the lousy native Audible player in the Fire OS, so much worse than its Android and iOS counterparts.
That is pretty unbelievable - and even if they eventually update Fire OS it won't buy me anything on my old HDX tablets.

But it's even more disappointing that there's apparently no way to use it with the Echo family, except as a dumb bluetooth speaker of course...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #2429
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Both of these books are listed as "chick lit". Does anyone besides me find this term to be offensive?
I've never been a big fan of the term, but it seems like to me it ends up getting applied to any novel written by a woman that doesn't seem to fit any other genre label (and isn't {capital L} Literary {capital F} Fiction).

For Moyes it might fit. But I doubt it's a good label for Taylor.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #2430
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Well, this book is a straight up "Regency Romance", as far as I can see. Cliched, at that. I read the first few pages of the sample, and have already seen that plot line before - probably by the master, Georgette Heyer. I couldn't even finish the sample.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote