Shehabi
Enthusiast
Shehabi began at the beginning.

Device: nothing at the moment
How to charge my PRS 505 ?

Hello
I am just have my PRS 500 today
but it without charger
It's realy if I want to cahrge it I must link it with USB ?
and I want to zoom some books more than the normaly zooming , is there any way?

Thank you
Shehabi
Shehabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
You can buy a charger for the Play Station Portable -- it charges the Reader just fine.

As for more zoom that is built into the Reader, there isn't any way I know of other than reformatting the book using a larger base font.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
dynamike
Enthusiast
dynamike began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, PRS-505
As long as you don't have an external charger, you can always charge via USB using the cable which comes with the reader.
dynamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
You can buy a charger for the Play Station Portable -- it charges the Reader just fine.

As for more zoom that is built into the Reader, there isn't any way I know of other than reformatting the book using a larger base font.
Hello
can i use my MP4 player charger?

Thank you
Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, there, Shehabi:

The Sony charger is very versatile and is worth purchasing if you live in an area of the world that uses these voltages and Hz:

Input: 100-240 volts; ~ 50/60 HZ (0.26A)

Output: 5.2 volts

I'm currently living in Peru and there's no problem with using my Sony Charger. This country has two standards for the adapters, the three-pronged grounded variety and the two round prong type. My house has both AC wall adapters so I can plug it in anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
CraigMBeckett
CraigMBeckett has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader 505
Shehabi,
Regarding your MP4 charger. You will have to look at your charger to see if its DC output is 5V or there about, you will also need to see if the plug is the same size as required by your 505 and finally you will need to check if the polarity of the plug is the same as used in the 505, (centre positive). Then there is the question of the output current the charger is rated for, the Chinese PSP charger I use is rated at 2A, I do not know if 2A rating is actually required but if you use a charger that is rated at a lower current that the 505 pulls you will damage the charger.

Now if you don't understand the above ask someone you know who does before you use the MP4 charger.

Craig.

Last edited by CraigMBeckett; 08-24-2008 at 12:19 PM.
CraigMBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBeckett View Post
Shehabi,
Regarding your MP4 charger. You will have to look at your charger to see if its DC output is 5V or there about, you will also need to see if the plug is the same size as required by your 505 and finally you will need to check if the polarity of the plug is the same as used in the 505, (centre positive). Then there is the question of the output current the charger is rated for, the Chinese PSP charger I use is rated at 2A, I do not know if 2A rating is actually required but if you use a charger that is rated at a lower current that the 505 pulls you will damage the charger.

Now if you don't understand the above ask someone you know who does before you use the MP4 charger.

Craig.
Thank you alot
I am just charge it by computer ,

Regards
Shehabi
Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #8
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Q: I am just have my PRS 500 today but it without charger It's realy if I want to cahrge it I must link it with USB ?
A: See answers above. You also note in the title PRS505 and in the body PRS500. This may effect the way you charge especially when the battery is completely dead.

Q: and I want to zoom some books more than the normaly zooming , is there any way?
A: If I understand your question the easiest way is to start off with a larger font size in the original document (if you are converting your own files) I find that 16 point in an RTF file is a good starting size and zooms quite large. If you are buying pre-formatted books I believe you can't change them.
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #9
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramer View Post
Q: I am just have my PRS 500 today but it without charger It's realy if I want to cahrge it I must link it with USB ?
A: See answers above. You also note in the title PRS505 and in the body PRS500. This may effect the way you charge especially when the battery is completely dead.

Q: and I want to zoom some books more than the normaly zooming , is there any way?
A: If I understand your question the easiest way is to start off with a larger font size in the original document (if you are converting your own files) I find that 16 point in an RTF file is a good starting size and zooms quite large. If you are buying pre-formatted books I believe you can't change them.
Hello
Sorry because this false , but it is because I wanted to buy PRS 500 because it was cheaper , but I found PRS 500 near PRS500's price

------

I can't zooming alot because the file is some pictures in PDF , is there any program to zooming this files?

------

I am updating PRS 505 to the new firmware , can I ask how it's take?
because it updating since 5 hours !!!!!