Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #661
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver View Post
Power cycling does not help, no.
Let us try another thing. Install the test patch as you did with the other one.

When the test patch is installed and you power on the device (and it is the KSM turn), you will see a screen with the only menu entry "skip." Just wait some seconds until it disappears. This screen is for me. I am running the same installation as you on my device, and I do not want do have to run the test each time I power the device on.
Next you will be presented with several screens one after the other that look similar to the one you can see on the image below. If one of them shows the screen in the correct orientation, remember the numbers that are displayed in the information field (for instance 0:0:0 on the image), and press "correct." If we are lucky, the main menu will now be displayed with the correct orientation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20170528_002523.png
Views:	150
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	157073  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KSM08_ext_aura_one_04g3.zip (14.1 KB, 67 views)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #662
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro,Nexus 7,Kindle Paperwhite,Kobo H2O Ed 2
2:2:2 had the correct orientation
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2017, 06:04 AM   #663
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
2:2:2 had the correct orientation
What else happened? Did you get the main menu also in the correct orientation, after you selected "correct"? Did the selection of the menu entries work? When you start nickel from the menu and return by selecting the book exit_nickel to KSM, is the orientation still correct?

Edit: In .adds\kbmenu_user\ you will find some log files (H2OEd2rotation_*.txt), could you please upload them?

Last edited by tshering; 05-28-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #664
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Screen was not responsive to touch so I could not select 'Correct'. Eventually after about 3 or 4 rounds Nickel started. Files are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt H2OEd2rotation_20170528_064312.txt (3.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: txt H2OEd2rotation_20170528_064039.txt (3.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: txt H2OEd2rotation_20170527_162137.txt (3.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-29-2017, 03:16 AM   #665
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Screen was not responsive to touch so I could not select 'Correct'. Eventually after about 3 or 4 rounds Nickel started. Files are attached.
Thank you for the information and the logs. Now the question whether the touch/mouse driver used by KSM does work for the H2O Ed. 2 becomes interesting. Up to now I have simply assumed that it does. I will try to upload a test this night.
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #666
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
There are several possibilities why up to now KSM did not seem to register touches on the H2O Ed. 2:
  • the font size is too small to select a menu entry
  • for some reasons the touch coordinates do not match the screen coordinates
  • for some reasons the touch/mouse driver does not work
I upload a test package, and hope that this will help finding the cause.

Install it like you did with the others packages.

When booting into KSM the test will start:
  • you will see the message "touch input test" (screen_01.png)
  • touch the screen, if we are lucky there will be displayed the touch coordinates (for instance, screen_02.png [I touched somewhere close to the top left corner] and screen_03.png [I touched somewhere close to the bottom right corner])
  • touch the screen several times at different positions, do it systematically so that we later can understand how the actual touch positions compare to the registered positions (if there is anything registered at all)
  • the test will terminate after 30 seconds or so
  • 20 seconds later nickel will be started
This test runs only once to prevent further inconvenience. If you want to run it again, delete the file .adds/kbmenu_user/_skiptouchinputtest.txt
The test will create log files (touchinputtest_*.txt).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_01.png
Views:	109
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	157095   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_02.png
Views:	93
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	157096   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_03.png
Views:	105
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	157097  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KSM08_ext_aura_one_04g4.zip (31.8 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-29-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:36 AM   #667
geekraver
Addict

Here is what happened:

- on the first reboot after the install, I got the old display orientation test
- after power cycling I got the touch input test. However, there was no response to any touches. After 30 seconds the KSM appeared, this time in the correct orientation and with a better size font
- after that times out and Nickel started, the screen was still not responding to touch; I had to power cycle again

Here is what was in the log file after that last restart:

Quote:
ScreenPlugin::ScreenPlugin()
ScreenPlugin::create()
KoboFb - Screen size: 1440 x 1080 (120mm x 90mm)
Terminated
Old 05-30-2017, 03:39 AM   #668
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Here is what happened:

- on the first reboot after the install, I got the old display orientation test
- after power cycling I got the touch input test. However, there was no response to any touches. After 30 seconds the KSM appeared, this time in the correct orientation and with a better size font
- after that times out and Nickel started, the screen was still not responding to touch; I had to power cycle again

Here is what was in the log file after that last restart:
Thank you again for testing. Maybe we have to wait until Sergey updates the mouse/touch driver of his pbchess package, which KSM is using.
That nickel was not responding to touch is also interesting. I wonder whether this is connected with the touch inputs that not have been eaten up by KSM.

If you want to temporarily disable KSM replace .adds\kbmenu_user\runsettings.txt by the uploaded version.
Attached Files
File Type: txt runsettings.txt (235 Bytes, 59 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-30-2017 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #669
Picoleh
Picoleh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I can not start Nickel after performing the new update (I chose "partial update" in the start menu). Nickel starts, and then exits, leaving the message "info: Wifi is enabled!". This problem happens even if you turn off the Wi-Fi on the start menu. What to do?
Picoleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:26 PM   #670
Picoleh
Picoleh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoleh View Post
I can not start Nickel after performing the new update (I chose "partial update" in the start menu). Nickel starts, and then exits, leaving the message "info: Wifi is enabled!". This problem happens even if you turn off the Wi-Fi on the start menu. What to do?
I got it! I put the entry directed only to Nickel, bypassing KSM!
Picoleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #671
tshering
Wizard

If nickel does not work after a firmware update, try it to start it with
"tools" > "nickel diverse.msh" > "start nickel no fmon.sh"

Then repeat Step1.4 of the "First time installation":
Quote:
check that all images (exit_nickel.png, switchtokoreader.png, etc.) are listed in the library and their thumbnails are displayed there, and at least once as tiles on the home screen.
Further, if you have a collection that includes exit_nickel.png, etc., make the collection) appear on the home screen.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #672
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hello

Does anyone know if this mod works fine on Kobo Aura Edition 2?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #673
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
With this device it should work just fine from people's reports, but currently it doesn't work with H2O2.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #674
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Hi all,

I did a factory reset, upgraded the Nickel to the latest FW, installed the KSM 08 + extra for KA1, and the latest Koreader build. But the Nickel does not work anymore!

Any suggestions?
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #675
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahimpak View Post
Hi all,

I did a factory reset, upgraded the Nickel to the latest FW, installed the KSM 08 + extra for KA1, and the latest Koreader build. But the Nickel does not work anymore!

Any suggestions?
Try to follow my suggestion in post #671.