Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #31
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Just in this case i must download the last firmware from mobileread thread and put it in to the . Kobo folder and restart. Is this a fresh install?
Yes, but you can also download and install the 3.19.5613 or any other version of firmware
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:05 AM   #32
outlandos
Connoisseur
outlandos doesn't litteroutlandos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
It works fine on my glo HD.

Do you have to reinstall this patch after a fw update?
outlandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #33
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandos View Post
Do you have to reinstall this patch after a fw update?
Yes. You need to reinstall, but only copying the KoboRoot.tgz in .kobo, the icons are already indexed.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #34
ElektroDragon
ElektroDragon began at the beginning.

Thanks surquizu for this great little hack! It works great on the latest FW of my Kobo Glo HD.

Just one problem:

Whenever I use this feature, the Kobo device locks up when connected to my PC and is never shown in Windows Explorer. I have to hard reset with a single click in the pin hole, and then it works normally with the PC as long as I don't activate the nightmode. If I activate the nightmode, even if I deactivate it first, I have to hard reset the Kobo before the PC will see it again!

Any idea if you can fix this??? Thanks!!

Also, how can I uninstall? I want to check if the other hack for nightmode does not suffer from the problem above.

Last edited by ElektroDragon; 02-14-2016 at 04:04 PM.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #35
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Thanks surquizu for this great little hack! It works great on the latest FW of my Kobo Glo HD.

Just one problem:

Whenever I use this feature, the Kobo device locks up when connected to my PC and is never shown in Windows Explorer. I have to hard reset with a single click in the pin hole, and then it works normally with the PC as long as I don't activate the nightmode. If I activate the nightmode, even if I deactivate it first, I have to hard reset the Kobo before the PC will see it again!

Any idea if you can fix this??? Thanks!!

Also, how can I uninstall? I want to check if the other hack for nightmode does not suffer from the problem above.
I'm sorry, I'm not a programmer and do not know why this happens and how to fix it. I just combined the codes fmon.

You can avoid the lock if after pressing the icon NightMode you press the reset icon. So my PC recognizes my eReader.

To uninstall, I only delete the files: nightmode.ini, nightmode.sh files (.kobo) and (nightmode.sh (.kobo \ fmon).

I do not know how to uninstall all fmon.
Advert
Old 02-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #36
ElektroDragon
ElektroDragon began at the beginning.

Ok thanks for the fast response surquizu!
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #37
SJC-Caron
Enthusiast
SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Boyue Likebook (T103D) Mimas
How do I find the device root to put the .png files in? Nothing on my Kobo Aura H2O is named root except for the KoboRoot.tgz that I added as part of trying to get Night Mode installed.
SJC-Caron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #38
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC-Caron View Post
How do I find the device root to put the .png files in? Nothing on my Kobo Aura H2O is named root except for the KoboRoot.tgz that I added as part of trying to get Night Mode installed.
There's no folder named "root" on your device storage.
"Root" is the first folder of the device storage that you open when you connect the device on your PC (or Mac) and not a displayed name.
You just open the storage folder once and place the .png's into it.

WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #39
SJC-Caron
Enthusiast
SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Boyue Likebook (T103D) Mimas
Thanks for the clarification.
SJC-Caron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:26 AM   #40
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I finally took the plunge and added these files to my H2O. It works perfectly! (at least, I assume it's normal that clicking on the image will make it full screen while at the same time turning the colours around). I can finally read my e-ink at night without getting blinded by the white background...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #41
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I finally gave nightmode a try with these files, and it works perfect on my Glo HD with firmware 3.18.0.

I screwed up at first and renamed the .png files to start with a capital letter, so the files just vanished after the .tgz file updated. Nothing would get the 2 image files to show again after that. I finally uninstalled it all by deleting those files, the fmon directory and the nightmode files in the .kobo directory and started over, and then it worked.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:02 AM   #42
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Tried this with Glo hd, 3.19, but the icons shows up as books in the library, so when pressed the icon fills the whole screen. When pressed again, the image shuts down and is shown as finshed (like after finishing a book)

WHat did I do wrong?

I used the patch in the first post and followed the instructions. I.e, coppied first the two images to the root, disconnected safetly. The two images now show on the Home screen listed as new in the library. I reconnected kobo to laptop, copied the .tzg file to the .kobo folder, disconnected safetly and waited for the reboot. Still shows as two new book in library and act accordingly as books, not as a nightmode and reset function.

EDIT: I got it to work. I seem to have missed that after copying the images to the root and disconnecting the kobo, one must also actually press the icons before connecting again and copying/running the .tzg file.

But now I have to press three times to activate nightmode. First press the library icon with the two added "books" on the Home screen to get to the library, then press e.g. nightmode icon (book) which fills up the screen, and then press the screen to finish the icon/book. When the icon/book dissapears it switches to nightmode. Or if I press recently used book (nightmode icon) then I can get away with two press. First to open up the book (icon), then shut the book (icon), which toggle the night/daymode.

If I don't use the reboot switch in the library (book), or nightmode switch, for a while, but other real books, I now have to scroll further down in the library for the reboot icon (book).

BTW, why have the icons in the library, as books, anyway? Is it not possible to have them showing up on the top menu, e.g beside the light button? Or

Last edited by marp68; 04-23-2016 at 04:22 AM.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:35 AM   #43
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yesterday I updated my Kobo H20 with the current 3.19.5761 ROM. After that I flashed the Nightmode again and it works very well! :-)

Thanks for the long lasting solution!
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #44
needkobohelp
needkobohelp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
Tried this with Glo hd, 3.19, but the icons shows up as books in the library, so when pressed the icon fills the whole screen. When pressed again, the image shuts down and is shown as finshed (like after finishing a book)

WHat did I do wrong?

I used the patch in the first post and followed the instructions. I.e, coppied first the two images to the root, disconnected safetly. The two images now show on the Home screen listed as new in the library. I reconnected kobo to laptop, copied the .tzg file to the .kobo folder, disconnected safetly and waited for the reboot. Still shows as two new book in library and act accordingly as books, not as a nightmode and reset function.

EDIT: I got it to work. I seem to have missed that after copying the images to the root and disconnecting the kobo, one must also actually press the icons before connecting again and copying/running the .tzg file.

But now I have to press three times to activate nightmode. First press the library icon with the two added "books" on the Home screen to get to the library, then press e.g. nightmode icon (book) which fills up the screen, and then press the screen to finish the icon/book. When the icon/book dissapears it switches to nightmode. Or if I press recently used book (nightmode icon) then I can get away with two press. First to open up the book (icon), then shut the book (icon), which toggle the night/daymode.

If I don't use the reboot switch in the library (book), or nightmode switch, for a while, but other real books, I now have to scroll further down in the library for the reboot icon (book).

BTW, why have the icons in the library, as books, anyway? Is it not possible to have them showing up on the top menu, e.g beside the light button? Or
First of all - Thanks for the root! It works perfectly for me on my Kobo Aura H20.
However I have the same confusion as marp68. It becomes a hassle to find. Would be much better if it was in reading settings or under the brightness pop up or really anything other than in the library like it is a book.
Reading through previous posts I got the impression that they were new fixations on the home page, like library, reading stats, sync, etc.. That would be better than having them getting lost in my library. Any suggestions on how to make them a more permanent feature?
Thanks!
needkobohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #45
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by needkobohelp View Post
However I have the same confusion as marp68. It becomes a hassle to find. Would be much better if it was in reading settings or under the brightness pop up or really anything other than in the library like it is a book.
Maybe putting the "book" on a special shelf could help. Or you try a completely different way to toggle between day and night mode.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote