Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #31
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
Oh and then there is the issue of which WiFi router to attach to upon power up. Fortunately it tries to attach to the same one it had previously but what if my router dies and I need to use a different one. Then I'm needing the keypad again only this time the X Y positions of the router choices with be dependant upon the environment......:w

Last edited by Bob Brunius; 03-26-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #32
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iriver StoryHD
I replaced my router recently, but I gave it the same ssid/password so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all my wifi devices.

The question is, why can't you just touch the screen?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #33
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I replaced my router recently, but I gave it the same ssid/password so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all my wifi devices.

The question is, why can't you just touch the screen?
I want to cover the screen so random touches don't change the zoom/pan settings. I 'm using these on my sailboat (racing app). During the activities of the day people bump them and change the zoom or pan and they are also getting a bit of abuse too and I worry about breakage. I have frosted glass covers I'd like to mount permanently to the front of them (RTV).

Maybe changing the permissions of event1 to nobody would take care of that pan zoom business? ---- Well no, changed permissions of events1 to 000 and still the display on the browser is disrupted by touching.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Maybe a crazy idea; take a look at Kobo WiFi Weather which did display data, but not through a web browser.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #35
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iriver StoryHD
@Bob:

I don't know if it's possible to turn off the touchscreen with software. And I understand the need for protection. But still is there no way to have a cover where you can touch the device when it actually makes sense to do so?

@PeterT: I suggested going the direct route in the first reply
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #36
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Maybe a crazy idea; take a look at Kobo WiFi Weather which did display data, but not through a web browser.
I have looked at that. I have no experience with rendering a graphic screen with Python. I sure do like the ability to use CSS and HTML which the browser allows. I've got jQuery loaded now and am using AJAX to make JSONP calls to refresh the values. In Python those calls would be very straight forward. From what I could tell he rendered the whole screen and then refreshed it which takes a while.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 PM   #38
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

@PeterT: I did go and try the weather app. It did not work on my H2O and in the weather app thread there is no indication that anyone has ever run it on the H2O. That being said using the Python approach has merit but at this time I don't speak that language. How hard could it be?

I left a description in the weather app thread.

What's Dr. Drib doing here? Did someone post a big picture in this thread?
Old 03-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #39
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brunius View Post
What's Dr. Drib doing here? Did someone post a big picture in this thread?
You did....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #40
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

So I did....ooops
Old 03-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #41
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
To get the browser into a full-screen mode, you can add "FullScreenBrowser=true" to the "FeatureSettings" section of the config file. But, it removes all the controls and I don't know how to exit from the browser.
It works like a charm! Thank you !!!!
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #42
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Ho, by the way, even tough I'm in a full screen mode in my browser, I still have a 'Pocket' banner at the bottom ... did you observe the same behavior?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #43
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandafc View Post
Ho, by the way, even tough I'm in a full screen mode in my browser, I still have a 'Pocket' banner at the bottom ... did you observe the same behavior?
I have that to bottom blank area too. It's about 3/8" wide. Do you have content in your's. I would like to know how to use that space as part of the page. Normally I don't mind but at night I reverse black for white and then the banner area is still white and is objectionable. To deal with that I've put electrical tap over that portion of the screen.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:13 AM   #44
vandafc
Connoisseur

OK, I'm in fullscreen mode on my Glo and it's good
Now I would like to reduce the zoom factor. do you know if it is possible with the set of a parameter in the FeatureSettings section?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #45
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

New issue with my browser ap when the router doesn't have an internet connection. In Canada I have roaming disabled on the JetPack. The H2O's networking drops the wifi connection to the router if it can't call home to mother Kobo.

I have a wifi server at 192.168.1.135 that the browser needs to connect to but there is no way when the networking bit goes to sleep.

Last edited by Bob Brunius; 04-08-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Tags
android, aura, browser, full screen, kobo