Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #1261
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
If you select full and re-enter KoReader both mini and full progress bars show up. Tap at the mini-bar until it's gone. It will not come back until you select mini again. At least this worked on my Aura.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #1262
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
If you select full and re-enter KoReader both mini and full progress bars show up. Tap at the mini-bar until it's gone. It will not come back until you select mini again. At least this worked on my Aura.
Confirmed....and thanks for the tip. It might be that I have never seen it before as the screen was cutting off.
BTW...do you have a solution for sleep when on KOreader? With CR3 I just close the cover and it sleeps...with KOreader it prints a message the first time and does nothing, then subsequently even the message is gone.
I somehow thought this will be addressed in current release - based on several posts here.
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #1263
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Sleep works fine on my Mini, no problems.

Minor update, I just installed the newest nightly (229), and saw the same behaviour as you described. But after one reboot all was fine again.

Last edited by WS64; 06-24-2014 at 02:57 PM.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #1264
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no sleep cover for my Aura, I just push the power button for standby. Sadly this doesn't work with KoReader. Standby appears on the screen, but after 1 second it disappears and the device is still awake.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #1265
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Reading Markismus' and tshering's comments I thought one solution would be to install the 4a update to Start Menu (didn't work for me) or have the scripts incorporated in KOreader...see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipse View Post
Should we expect this to be incorporated in StartMenu05 or the only solution is to make the script changes manually...It looks like the tinkering is still WIP so maybe I should wait.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
These changes concern files in the koreader folder. Therefore, I guess these changes will be included into one of the next koreader packages.
What am I misreading guys? I almost think this is the last issue I have with KOreader....would love to find a solution (a lazy one I mean...like close cover ).

Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #1266
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
I did some more tests with the screensaver.
When I have USB mode enabled and the reader connected to my computer I see the same behaviour as described here, "Standby" pops up and vanishes after a second.
I *guess* USB wakes up the device immediately.
When I set USB to disabled or simply disconnect my reader "Standby" stays as it should. (power button and sleep cover)
I am not sure if "no standby with active USB" is an error or more a feature, but maybe that helps anyone who wants to raise an issue at Github about it.
(even better of course would be pictures, configurable somewhere like "just standby text/fixed picture (filename)/random picture (folder)/cover picture of first book in history")
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #1267
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
"Standby" pops up and vanishes after a second.
That happens on my Aura no matter if USB is enabled or if the device is plugged into the computer or not. I use the latest Start Menu and also the latest CoolReader. No other third-party apps installed. I wonder what prevents the device from sleeping?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #1268
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The "Standby" message is timed by a parameter in the /.kobo/koreader/frontend/ui/uimanager.lua script (around line 300). The Suspend function call is also timed a few lines after that. The daily builds have these set at 1 second for the Standby message and 0.5 seconds for the function call. I have suspend working in Koreader on my AuraHD 3.2.0 with the Standby set to 0 (zero) seconds and the function call set to 2 seconds. I get a suspend without the "Standby" message but with the touch screen turned off. A quick pull of the power switch brings me out of suspend.

I have read that if you set the message timer to 4 seconds the "Standby" message remains up, which makes sense as it would have been up when the suspend mode kicked in.

The 2 seconds for the function call is for the AuraHD, the other Kobos will likely have other values that work best for them.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-24-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #1269
ipse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The "Standby" message is timed by a parameter in the /.kobo/koreader/frontend/ui/uimanager.lua script (around line 300). The Suspend function call is also timed a few lines after that. The daily builds have these set at 1 second for the Standby message and 0.5 seconds for the function call. I have suspend working in Koreader on my AuraHD 3.2.0 with the Standby set to 0 (zero) seconds and the function call set to 2 seconds. I get a suspend without the "Standby" message but with the touch screen turned off. A quick pull of the power switch brings me out of suspend.
Lines 331 and 335...for the inquisitive minds willing to try.
With your settings (and I have an Aura) I get something that LOOKS like suspend if I push the power button (as in "I can't flip pages anymore") and it resumes on a second power toggle (short).
The screen does not change though - is it the same behavior as on yours?

/EDIT I changed the values to 4 and 2 and it appears to be working just fine with the cover. I tested using frontlight: it goes off and the stby message comes on.
While doing this test I seem to have found a problem with frontlight, as if you enable it once, it will always turn itself on when resuming, even if it was off when it suspended. I had to turn it off, exit and re-enter KOreader to stop this behavior.

Could be that a shorter standby timer would work too, but for the moment I'm happy.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by ipse; 06-24-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #1270
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, but I am hopping that it is the real suspend, as it is just a change in the timing of the original code. You should not be able to call up the menus as well as not turn pages.
The frontlight should turn off, if it is on when you suspend as well. It should come back on when you return also.

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #1271
ipse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The frontlight should turn off, if it is on when you suspend as well. It should come back on when you return also.
It does look like genuine suspend...but maybe I wasn't clear enough about frontlight: it will always turn on after resuming, even if it was off when suspended, provided it was turned on at least once since KOreader was launched.
That's why the only way I found to prevent this is to turn it off, exit program and launch it again. As if a flag is set and never cleared.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:14 AM   #1272
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I am seeing the same thing. I tried turning the light on then turning it off with the switch before going into suspend mode and it did not turn on when resuming. It looks like you have to leave the light on and suspend, at least once for it to always come back on when resuming. If you remember to use the button to turn the light off before using the suspend, you can avoid the issue.

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #1273
trekk
Terraner

Thanks, Ken. This works great!

Values 4 and 2 work fine, ipse. So thank you too
Old 06-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #1274
Ken Maltby
Wizard

It looks like the Koreader team has come up with a fix for the AuraHD suspend issue, it should be in a nightly release soon. (I may have to comment out the message display, though.)

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #1275
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Please look at .kobo/koreader/frontend/document/credocument.lua.

Search for this line

Code:
default_font = G_reader_settings:readSetting("cre_font") or "FreeSerif"
Change FreeSerif to your preferred font. This will be the default font every new book opens with. Be sure to use the correct font name.
Thanks for the tip. I've got good results this way by side-loading Linux Libertine otf.

First, I loaded the four fonts (reg, it, bold, boldit) but when I selected Font-Weight Bold, I - of course - got the bold font, so I took it out and now, chosing Bold, I just have a slightly darker font, perfect for reading.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote