Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
adun
adun began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre and Google books

Hi there!

Does anybody know a way of connecting calibre with the so called My Books in Google Books?

Thanks
adun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Try looking through this list: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=7162771

In case it doesn't work (never tried to post a search link) I used an Advanced Search on the term "google books" in the calibre forum only. Note that the quotes are a part of the search term - otherwise the forum will look for any message with Google or books in it!
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
adun
adun began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Try looking through this list: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=7162771

In case it doesn't work (never tried to post a search link) I used an Advanced Search on the term "google books" in the calibre forum only. Note that the quotes are a part of the search term - otherwise the forum will look for any message with Google or books in it!
Well, I've searched the forums, but did not find a yes, nor a no. There was an unanswered request for plugin and that was all.
The idea is that now Google allows to upload your own books (epub and pdf). Managing my collection of papers with calibre and having the possibility of accessing it using several devices would be perfect.
adun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Just in case you're not aware of it, you can do that with calibre and Dropbox (or other file sharing services, except Google's which altered calibre's file structure the last I knew). I believe there are also other ways to do the same thing.

The ebook's file format could be anything calibre recognizes. It's not just limited to EPUB or PDF.

I can't recommend a search term for this one though.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
perler
Enthusiast
perler began at the beginning.

Device: perler
I think this isn't what the OP asked for.

The problem is, that you need to upload epubs via the google play store: https://play.google.com/books - which is not very comfortable. As far as I know, Google isn't providing an API (..yet: http://screencast.com/t/n56YsGPnq) - but maybe someone has created a dirty workaround?
perler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2016, 06:46 AM   #6
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I see this thread is three years old but I have done a search and still cannot find an anwer to :-

I have bought a Google epub book and installed the Adobe software that is recommended.

I have the apprenticealf plugin installed and still cannot convert the book with Calibre so I can read it on my Kindle.

Have things moved on in our favour?

Seems a bit mean to cough up over £12 and still find I cannot read the book on my e-reader of choice!!

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #7
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGamble View Post
I see this thread is three years old but I have done a search and still cannot find an anwer to :-

I have bought a Google epub book and installed the Adobe software that is recommended.

I have the apprenticealf plugin installed and still cannot convert the book with Calibre so I can read it on my Kindle.

Have things moved on in our favour?

Seems a bit mean to cough up over £12 and still find I cannot read the book on my e-reader of choice!!

Tony
I have not used Google Play bpoks. We cannot provide assistance with DRM removal on mobileread. You need to look at Apprentice Alf's blog which does talk about Google Play Books. If you still can't get it working post there and someone will almost certainly be prepared to help you.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:40 AM   #8
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Thankls,

I forgot the protocol about DRM.

I'll ask elsewhere.

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGamble View Post
Thankls,

I forgot the protocol about DRM.

I'll ask elsewhere.

Tony
No problems. I suspect your problem will be easily and quickly resolved elsewhere.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote