Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
benlgrobinson
benlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kindle paperwhite next gen
convert epub etc to mobi and send to kindle along with a cover and no personal tag

Hi im totally new to this and its doing my head in.!!

ok so what id like to do is... i have epubs and pdfs etc that i wanna convert to mobi ( which i have done via calibre ) and also attach a cover pic and not have that bloody personal tag and send it to my kindle and it all come up nice and pretty under "books" only not "docs".

I have tried deleting the PDOC & aldo checking the "share" box in the mobi output..but it seems u can only have one or the other...a personal tag with a cover...or no personal tag with no cover.

plz help me before my fist goes through my brand new kindle..

benlgrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try installing the [GUI Plugin] Quality Check and using the option Fix ==> Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire. It should embed an Amazon ASIN in the book, thus fooling the Kindle into thinking it came from Amazon (so there won't be a "Personal" banner), and calibre will sideload a cover thumbnail.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
benlgrobinson
benlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbenlgrobinson can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kindle paperwhite next gen
Hi eschwartz thanks for the reply. i have no idea what im doing but figured it out... you are a legend!!!! and just saved my kindle from certain death!!

Last edited by benlgrobinson; 06-13-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: addded info
benlgrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote