Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
marconique
marconique began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Does anyone knows a deal / coupon / code for the new Kobo Aura ?

Hi,

I want to buy one of those when they will be available for sale at the end of April 2013 and I was wondering if anyone up here could tell me if there is some kind of deal / coupon / code that can be used to purchase the new Kobo Aura ?

thanks for your collaboration and have a nice day

Ps : I live in the Quebec province in Canada and I would like to buy it from a Canadian store in order to get it at the lowest price possible (no customs fees added to the price ...)
marconique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I really doubt you'll see any codes until well after the launch. Most likely they're going to sell out prior to launch date.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Like with any new technology, there won't be any discounts right away.

I give it at least 3 months before the retail stores like Future Shop or Costco started offering deals and bundle packages with the eReader and cover.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Will there ever be a discount for a reader that right now is only a limited edition?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconique View Post
Hi,

I want to buy one of those when they will be available for sale at the end of April 2013 and I was wondering if anyone up here could tell me if there is some kind of deal / coupon / code that can be used to purchase the new Kobo Aura ?

thanks for your collaboration and have a nice day

Ps : I live in the Quebec province in Canada and I would like to buy it from a Canadian store in order to get it at the lowest price possible (no customs fees added to the price ...)
Hi I found that putting the aura into my basket on whsmith uk then going through to paying (entering email and name etc) then closing the page and leaving without entering card details made them send I suppose an automated email saying you put things in your basket and didn't buy makes us sad or words to that effect here plesae have a 5% discout code. Now 5% isn't loads but on £179.99 (aura hd plus sleep case) that's £8.99 or near enough which covers the courier fee for delivery or pays for a book or two. Hope it helps.
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by savbeowulf View Post
Hi I found that putting the aura into my basket on whsmith uk then going through to paying (entering email and name etc) then closing the page and leaving without entering card details made them send I suppose an automated email saying you put things in your basket and didn't buy makes us sad or words to that effect here plesae have a 5% discout code. Now 5% isn't loads but on £179.99 (aura hd plus sleep case) that's £8.99 or near enough which covers the courier fee for delivery or pays for a book or two. Hope it helps.
I have done that before. I got some off when I bought my last PC desktop. Every little bit helps!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Check out the Canadian shopping channel. If you're likely to find a deal, in terms of a bundle, it'd be there. The Shopping Channel

I don't know what channel it is in your area but check your TV listings and maybe sign up for their emails so you'll get the Today's Showstopper. They often have Kobo bundles and decent prices too. I don't like the Kobo personally but have a few times been tempted by the prices but then my hubby reminds me I don't like Kobo and I have a few other ereaders. lol
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote