Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
gethan
gethan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Manga to Kindle converter

I always wanted to have an easy to use program that converts multiple volumes of manga into a .cbz file for my kindle. But I couldn't find one that is able to cut borders, re-size images and combine multiple folders into one file at once.
So I decided to write a little tool that satisfies my needs and thought some of you might find it useful.

Features:
-Load multiple folders at once
-Combine multiple folders
-Re-size images
-Automatically cut away black and white frames
-Split selected folders into multiple output files

How to use it:
First select the input folders where you stored the single images. "Add new input directory" adds a single folder and "Add all directories" adds all sub directories in the selected folder. When your folders are numbered like [0,1,2,...,9,10,11,...] and not like [00,01,02,...,09,10,11,...] you can try to select natural sorting in the drop-down menu on the right (This is a beta function and will not work properly when there are other numbers in the title).
Then select an output folder where the *.cbz will be stored.
"Max. folders per file" is the number of input folders that get combined in a single output file.
Trim Level indicates how much of the border gets cut away.
Finally select a title and click on one of the create buttons. The program will freeze until all the files are converted. So have a bit of patience If you want additional information on the process you can start the .jar file per CMD.

I hope that you find the program useful. If you want additional features I can try to implement them.
Attached Files
File Type: jar manga2kindle_1.2.jar (17.5 KB, 755 views)
gethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Sauyadav
Enthusiast
Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
Thanks! I will test it once I get my kindle (yesterday or maybe day after that).
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #3
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Well, KCC does actually everything you searched for, and is opensource, if you want to contribute
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
gethan
gethan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Well, KCC does actually everything you searched for, and is opensource, if you want to contribute
Thanks. KCC looks nice. But I couldn't find functionality for splitting your data into multiple CBZ files (I don't like ePub because it can't zoom all the way in).
gethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I'll have to give this a whirl.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
Tushin
Tushin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
That program works very well
Tushin is offline   Reply With Quote