Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
Ridcully
Ridcully began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7
Question Collections on Kindle 7

Hey guys, I've got a Kindle 7 but it doesn't let me create collections without registering I remember being able to do it on Kindle 5. Is this possible wihtout registering?

I'd like to do it like I used to on Kindle 5, integrated in menus in Kindle, no need to do anything on the PC.
Ridcully is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
No, you need to register it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
Ridcully

Bummer :s Isn't there no mod or anything that could do this?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What's the problem with registering?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #5
Ridcully

I'm an anti-telemetry nut

(and my wifi password is very long )
Advert
Old 04-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Register, then leave WiFi turned off. It won't talk to anything then.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Register, then leave WiFi turned off. It won't talk to anything then.
Collections may no longer work without an internet connection due to the Kindle's attempts to keep the account's cloud copy in sync.

IIRC, that happened about the same time Amazon enabled the ability to create and manage your collections from your account web page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
I'm an anti-telemetry nut

(and my wifi password is very long )
Ah, you haven't even tried yet.

The Kindle remembers your password and in fact gives you the option of letting Amazon remember it for you (ya' like that is going to happen here).

Last edited by knc1; 04-13-2017 at 06:31 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #8
Ridcully

In the end I registered then changed my wifi pw for reasons of paranoia Collections do work offline, I can still do everything with them that I could on Kindle 5
Old 04-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #9
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire Phone, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD6
Kindle supports WPS, if your router has that feature, then you do not have to type a password. Or you can go to any public wifi (library, mcdonalds, Starbucks) and register. And if you don't want it connecting after this, select the saved SSID and 'Forget' it.

Note that if you don't register it and it is stolen, you will not be able to call Amazon to report it as such. The thief will just be able to register it to their own account.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote