Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
jerikoh
jerikoh began at the beginning.

Device: KoboTouch
Can't boot. Trying to use memory card on my notebook.

I tried to hack my kobo editing koobroot.tgz. Well, now it doesn't boot. Then, I openned physically kobo, and now I tried to open the micro sd using an adapter on my computer. Windows says its a raw files system. How am I supposed to explore this memory card files? I have the backup koobroot.tgz file, but I don't know how to use it, since I can't restore boot.
The initial idea was hacking by telnet. Now, plan B is to manage the memory using my notebook. I see great possibilities but I don't have the necessary knowledge and tools.
I am willing to study it but I can't do so without any help.
Would you be so kind as to help me ? I learn fast and I love bibliographies...

Regards,
Jerikoh
jerikoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Are you sure that your system does not boot? I think chances are that linux might actually be running, but nickel is not started. Put the sd card back into the device and make a factory reset (or did you already try?).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Or...https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122 as long as you have it open. plus the tools mentioned and the instructions would give you a good start.

Ignore windows request to format the card, the tools will see the card with no problem.

If the factory reset doesn't work you can ask for a SD card image file for your device (include the model # for the Touch). For help just ask here and someone will walk you through the process.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-16-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote