Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Left-handed or Right-handed? Which are you?
Right handed 81 68.07%
Left handed 30 25.21%
Ambidextrous 8 6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #46
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I'm right handed, but I do prefer to use my left hand for certain tasks.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #47
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
22% is a bit too much I think, normal would be 10-15%. But maybe left-handed persons care more about such polls than right-handed do.

A right-handed person does not know how difficult certain things might be for a left-handed person. Have look at this image, for example. For a right-handed person this looks just normal.. And this is just one example out of hundreds.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #48
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
I used to be ambidextrous, but I'm alright now.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #49
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm right-handed, and work in IT, having once been a programmer. That's a bit creative, right?

I also try to write, and am 50,000 words into my novel. Daughter #1 is right-handed and is an actor and singer/songwriter, daughter #2 is left-handed and her only creativity is her love of music (listening to). Daughter #3 is right-handed and is quite the little artist. So I don't think we can typecast lefties and righties too much...
I think I was having a brainstorm when I posted the above. Daughter #1, the very creative one, is a leftie, not a rightie. So I have to bow down to Stitchawl's greater wisdom.

I'm still right-handed though .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #50
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Being lefthanded; what has always bugged me is that dratted corkscrew. I always turn the bottle around instead of the corkscrew. That is for righr handed people. No trouble with scissors though.

And I have trouble following directions 'right' and 'left' somehow. That was difficult when I had driving lessons; the driving instructor shouting ' no the other right', when he asked me to turn to the right and I steered to the left....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #51
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
And I have trouble following directions 'right' and 'left' somehow. That was difficult when I had driving lessons; the driving instructor shouting ' no the other right', when he asked me to turn to the right and I steered to the left....
Same with me, my wife stopped giving commands and is now just waving because I had a failure rate of nearly 100% if the command came on short notice (i.e."turn right NOW").
Without thinking it's not even statistically 50% but ALWAYS
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #52
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Same with me, my wife stopped giving commands and is now just waving because I had a failure rate of nearly 100% if the command came on short notice (i.e."turn right NOW").
Without thinking it's not even statistically 50% but ALWAYS
Yes, also 100 % wrong turns for me. That I managed to even get my drivers license is a miracle.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #53
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Ditto. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people yelling "Your OTHER right!" while I'm trying to drive.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #54
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And all the other famous people are right handed people I won't start the list, would be too long anyway!
Gosh... I didn't think there were ANY famous right-handed people... Thinking about it, I guess there must be one or two..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Have you ever tried to find a left handed bow? If they exist, I’ve never seen one!
Actually, quite easy to find. Easier than finding left-handed bolt-action rifles! Even the major sporting goods stores usually stock one for each model bow, or if needs be, can special order and get it quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
My ex was a lefty, and she had a catalog for lefties. I remember seeing several pairs of left handed scissors in all price ranges. I don’t recall if they sold any can openers though.
Found it!
I never knew of Lefthander's stores until I was in my thirties, so had to learn to use right-handed scissors in my left hand. These days, I can't use lefty scissors at all!

I'm just happy that they finally made a left-handed tea mug!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mug1.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	100427  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #55
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm just happy that they finally made a left-handed tea mug!
Stitchawl

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #56
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
A left handed toothbrush????

Well, it's made me think as to what hand I actually hold my toothbrush in, lol.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-31-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #57
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Oh. This looks really nice. And they have them for boys, too.

Unfortunately this is not available in Europe. I've never seen that before..
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 AM   #58
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I was walking through the home center this afternoon, and what do I spy? OLFA is now making Left-handed box cutters and even left handed replacement blades. I had to buy it to try.

For the one or two of you that don't read Japanese, the character I circled means "Left."

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LeftyCutter1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	100438  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #59
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...For the one or two of you that don't read Japanese, the character I circled means "Left."

Stitchawl
That should be easy for English speaking folks to remember. Rotate the character 270 degrees and it becomes "LH".
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #60
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
I was walking through the home center this afternoon, and what do I spy? OLFA is now making Left-handed box cutters and even left handed replacement blades. I had to buy it to try.

For the one or two of you that don't read Japanese, the character I circled means "Left."

Stitchawl
Perfect for those left handed boxes!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote