Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Erdnase
Erdnase began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire d01400
Kindle Fire Demo + Noob = Confusion

Hey all.

My friend has a Kindle Fire (d01400) which is a demo unit and he has asked me if I can get it working as a normal unit. From the research Ive done (mainly from this forum) Im even more confused than I when I started. (all this K3, K5, DX, simple Debricking).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

I think I have to use this thread but I am unsure of how to continue of which sections I should be using.

can anyone help please? I am quite PC competant and If I have the right thread/instructions Im sure I woul dbe able to do it myself.
Erdnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Erdnase

http://theunlockr.com/2012/07/23/how...n-kindle-fire/

Could I use this and then just install cryogenmod?
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
Hey all.

My friend has a Kindle Fire (d01400) which is a demo unit and he has asked me if I can get it working as a normal unit. From the research Ive done (mainly from this forum) Im even more confused than I when I started. (all this K3, K5, DX, simple Debricking).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

I think I have to use this thread but I am unsure of how to continue of which sections I should be using.

can anyone help please? I am quite PC competant and If I have the right thread/instructions Im sure I woul dbe able to do it myself.
The Dev Corner (where you linked) is dedicated to eink kindles. The kindle fire has its own forum (here). There are also useful threads for the KF at xda-developers.com (especially cyanogenmod).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Erdnase

Thanks for the reply and the direction!