Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
LoiS-sez
LoiS-sez began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Not loading on reader

Haven't used Calibre in about a year so I'm rusty on using it and just downloaded an update of 0.9.6. I want to load some PDFs (stop groaning, please!). Have 1 I made earlier on, so I know my Sony PRS-300 will take them. Put 1 on Calibre, but can't get it to convert to my reader even though I can see all the pages on my computer. My copy of Calibre doesn't match the newer graphics of the demo, but does confirm the update.

There may be more you need. I've read your stickies and don't see what I might be able to add to help explain this further. I don't receive a Conversion Error notice, it just doesn't seem to do anything when I tell it to convert. It does have my reader on file. I'm quite willing to believe this is something obvious that wouldn't have happened if I'd been using Calibre more recently.
LoiS-sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoiS-sez View Post
Haven't used Calibre in about a year so I'm rusty on using it and just downloaded an update of 0.9.6. I want to load some PDFs (stop groaning, please!). Have 1 I made earlier on, so I know my Sony PRS-300 will take them. Put 1 on Calibre, but can't get it to convert to my reader even though I can see all the pages on my computer. My copy of Calibre doesn't match the newer graphics of the demo, but does confirm the update.

There may be more you need. I've read your stickies and don't see what I might be able to add to help explain this further. I don't receive a Conversion Error notice, it just doesn't seem to do anything when I tell it to convert. It does have my reader on file. I'm quite willing to believe this is something obvious that wouldn't have happened if I'd been using Calibre more recently.
Sony (and Adobe MR) is picky about the size of a segment. Calibre has a setting to split the file at (default is 260K... Leave that setting or smaller). Large and you get what you see... Works on computer (with lots of storage) and not on your reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
LoiS-sez
LoiS-sez began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Don't see my reply here. Must have been too tired when trying to post in the early a. m. Set it back to Defaults, but don't know how to break it up for the reader. It also had EPUB & original EPUB. Wound up successfully -- sort of -- downloading EPub except for a major reading problem. This small booklet of 64 pages is printed 2 to a page producing only 32 pages with some of the tiniest text imaginable. Using the enlarge button gives a slightly larger type, but the buttons to navigate then don't work worth a darn. I tried playing with them and there's not only no logic to them, but they also produce an occasional blank page where none exists in the double page format.
When I say it's small, even with a strong magnifying glass it's a pain to read. Never had this problem before and am stymied. Have 5 more of these I need to read and may just be chained to my computer to do it.
HELP!

Last edited by LoiS-sez; 11-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.
LoiS-sez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conver, conversion problem, conversion sequence