Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
arooni
Connoisseur
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard (wifi + 3g)
Anyway to put Kindle Paperwhite V2 into diagnostic mode?

I have a Kindle Paperwhite V2 that I'd like to put into diagnostic mode. I haven't rooted it or jailbroken it. Is this possible?

I did see a note about putting ENABLE_DIAG file in the root directory but that seemed to be for non paperwhite devices.

Thanks in advance.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
coplate
Fanatic
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
The only way I know how to do it is to use the serial port.

What are you trying to do once it is in diags mode?
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
arooni
Connoisseur

So I have to root the device first? I was under the impression that 5.8.10 can't be rooted easily; seems like I have to downgrade first?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
So I have to root the device first? I was under the impression that 5.8.10 can't be rooted easily; seems like I have to downgrade first?
You have to do the serial port. Your firmware cannot be downgraded on the PW2.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #5
arooni
Connoisseur

Oh that's pretty tragic. Any way to prevent future firmware updates?

If I did get a PW3, is there anyway to jailbreak that?
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
knc1
Analog Forever!
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
I have a Kindle Paperwhite V2 that I'd like to put into diagnostic mode. I haven't rooted it or jailbroken it. Is this possible?

I did see a note about putting ENABLE_DIAG file in the root directory but that seemed to be for non paperwhite devices.

Thanks in advance.
Two methods:
Jail break the device, add our Rescue Pack, optionally add the optional Coward's Rescue Pack RP-add-on.
or
Serial port.

Since you did not post what firmware version you are running, we can't give you more specific directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote