Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
maggch
maggch began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
glib.GError: Image tpye 'png' is not supported

I learned to develop application for kindle yesterday.I used the PyGTK package here.I extract that to \extensions\python.Then I tried to develop a simple painter.however,when i want to save the image

Code:
    width,height = pixmap.get_size()
    pixbuf = gtk.gdk.Pixbuf(gtk.gdk.COLORSPACE_RGB, False, 8, width, height)
    pixbf = pixbuf.get_from_drawable(pixmap, pixmap.get_colormap(), 0, 0, 0, 0, width, height)
    pixbf.save('path.png','png')

how to make glib support png?
maggch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggch View Post
I learned to develop application for kindle yesterday.I used the PyGTK package here.I extract that to \extensions\python.Then I tried to develop a simple painter.however,when i want to save the image

Code:
    width,height = pixmap.get_size()
    pixbuf = gtk.gdk.Pixbuf(gtk.gdk.COLORSPACE_RGB, False, 8, width, height)
    pixbf = pixbuf.get_from_drawable(pixmap, pixmap.get_colormap(), 0, 0, 0, 0, width, height)
    pixbf.save('path.png','png')

how to make glib support png?
What makes you think it is a glib error and not a missing PyGTK extension library error?
What device?
What firmware version?
Show us a library loading trace please. (worked examples of how to get that are in the "ARMhf on Kindle" thread)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote