Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 07-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Newspaper News

It seems like we all are looking for news sources these days. But with all of the news and information sources on the web, many of us are facing information overload. There are many ways to deal with this, but more and more common is a retreat to familiar comfortable sources like local newspapers.

You can always "Google" the sites, but here's another nice alternative, if you are searching for newspapers in the US... www.newspaperlinks.com

Tip: Most sites can be read in mobile form if you take some time with your favorite clipping software like iSiloX or Plucker. But the work might already be done for you. Check out the newspaper's site map, and look for mobile or pda versions. Sometimes one exists under a section like "site features." It's hit-and-miss, but there are a lot out there.

And at your desk or laptop, before you venture out with your PDA or smartphone, check out http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/ to see what's on front pages across the world.

Also be sure to visit the MobileRead forums. There's a wealth of news sources and information about reading them on your mobile device.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #2
jfs01
Enthusiast
jfs01 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Clie TH-55
Thanks for the newseum.org link. Looks good on my TH-55; a little small but the headlines are clear.
Advert
Old 07-03-2004, 12:44 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wow, I'm amazed! I don't have wireless or a HiRes+ display yet, so it didn't really even occur to me that the site would be useful on a PDA. But I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback!

There are pdf versions of the front pages available in there also.Who knows, maybe you can even click thru to the pdf versions on a TH-55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs01
Thanks for the newseum.org link. Looks good on my TH-55; a little small but the headlines are clear.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ok, time for me to buy a WiFi PDA... I feel like living in the Stone Ages with my Clie 760 ;(