Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
Drumm
Enthusiast
Drumm began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color(CM10), NookTouch & Meadiacom 850i
Find and Replace Question

I just used the find and replace function in the convert routine and have a question. The book had an odd page numbering scheme,
"123 | PAGE" with the "|" imbeded in the file, okay it was a convert from PDF to epub, but still the same question. How do I remove the vertical line? The find and replace feature sees it as a command, not a character.

I ended up using Sigil find and replace, the regular expression is not as easy to use, but it also has a regular text find and replace.

In a little over a year this software has become a lot better. It was very good, but the improvements in the conversion process are absolutely amazing. It is really amazing how much better support this software has compared to software that costs hundreds of dollars.

Thank you for your good work!
Drumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumm View Post
I just used the find and replace function in the convert routine and have a question. The book had an odd page numbering scheme,
"123 | PAGE" with the "|" imbeded in the file, okay it was a convert from PDF to epub, but still the same question. How do I remove the vertical line? The find and replace feature sees it as a command, not a character.

I ended up using Sigil find and replace, the regular expression is not as easy to use, but it also has a regular text find and replace.

In a little over a year this software has become a lot better. It was very good, but the improvements in the conversion process are absolutely amazing. It is really amazing how much better support this software has compared to software that costs hundreds of dollars.

Thank you for your good work!
I use Sigil
The Regex needs the | escaped
Search: \d+\s+\|\s+PAGE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert