Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 07:14 AM   #1
nachtwacht
nachtwacht began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Emailing (successfully) to Kindle but not receiving

Hello,

tried both with GMX and my own email server. Tried with different Kindle accounts (we have 3 kindle's)

In the past all worked fine... I am not 100% sure when it stopped working but I do remember there being a setting that if you email to Amazon, conversion to mobi has to take place (most of my books are in epub format) At some point I selected the option to not ask me again if I wanted the books to be converted... I have the idea that after that, it stopped working...

The problem:

Calibre is succesfully sending email to Amazon both using GMX and my own email server (I tried my own server since GMX was failing but used GMX in the past). When the task is completed the log ends with "Email successfully sent

Both email accounts are trusted to send emails to my Kindle.

So it appears all settings are correct.... the books just never arrive....

When testing if the email was correct (in Calibre, when setting up email you can test the server) it actualy sends an email to the recipient. Aamzon notified me with the following:

Your message to amazon_xxxxxx@kindle.com, sent at 07:10 AM on Wed, Nov 02, 2016 GMT did not include any attached documents or image files.

Which means, Amazon is actualy receiving emails that I am sending....

I have tried several books, all roughly 1MB big (No idea if that would make a difference) but all fail on all 3 kindles.

I have send a book to my kindle using my normal email client, this works fine.

So something is going wrong for me... Any help appreciated.

tia !
nachtwacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
milenski777
milenski777 began at the beginning.

Device: milenski777
issue

hi mate, did you find resolve the problem. I have the same issue.
milenski777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
nachtwacht

Unfortunatly not. Was hoping someone here could help but apperantly not unfortunatly....
Old 11-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtwacht View Post
Hello,

tried both with GMX and my own email server. Tried with different Kindle accounts (we have 3 kindle's)

In the past all worked fine... I am not 100% sure when it stopped working but I do remember there being a setting that if you email to Amazon, conversion to mobi has to take place (most of my books are in epub format) At some point I selected the option to not ask me again if I wanted the books to be converted... I have the idea that after that, it stopped working...

The problem:

Calibre is succesfully sending email to Amazon both using GMX and my own email server (I tried my own server since GMX was failing but used GMX in the past). When the task is completed the log ends with "Email successfully sent

Both email accounts are trusted to send emails to my Kindle.

So it appears all settings are correct.... the books just never arrive....

When testing if the email was correct (in Calibre, when setting up email you can test the server) it actualy sends an email to the recipient. Aamzon notified me with the following:

Your message to amazon_xxxxxx@kindle.com, sent at 07:10 AM on Wed, Nov 02, 2016 GMT did not include any attached documents or image files.

Which means, Amazon is actualy receiving emails that I am sending....

I have tried several books, all roughly 1MB big (No idea if that would make a difference) but all fail on all 3 kindles.

I have send a book to my kindle using my normal email client, this works fine.

So something is going wrong for me... Any help appreciated.

tia !
Did you try converting a book to mobi format before sending?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
nachtwacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Did you try converting a book to mobi format before sending?

Shari
Yes.

The book is automaticaly converted the first time you try to send the book. Therefore it was easy to try to send it again because it was allready converted.

Also, when I send the mobi file from another mail client, it arrives at my kindle without a problem....
Advert
Old 02-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
Colc
Colc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is Amazon blocking transfers via Calibre and GMX?

When Amazon blocked my Paperwhite from receiving books via Calibre, I opened a GMX account which has worked well ever since, even a couple of days ago, however I attempted to send a book today via both and they have not been received by the PW.
Has Amazon blocked GMX transfers as well?
Colc is offline   Reply With Quote