Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
warranty return concerns

one of my k4's next-page buttons keeps double-clicking, so it skips two pages. it was occasional but it's getting much more often now, so i'm going to see if amazon will repair/replace it.

before i send it back i'd backup & clean up /mnt/us, to hide obvious hackery, but they're not likely to go rootling around the root filing system, right? any need to worry about reversing all the little changes?

it seems these days it's more likely to have a gadget replaced than repaired, so i'm also vaguely curious to see whether they'll send me ye olde grey model, or the new-fangled black one
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Amazon won't care about any hacks you've done, just call Kindle support and they'll replace it in warranty. However, do NOT expect them to upgrade at the same time. Won't happen.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

good to know, thanks
not so much expecting an upgrade, just thought if they ran out of the grey ones... i guess that won't have happened yet tho. i actually think i like the look of the grey one more anyway
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
hippy dave
Zealot

oh, i thought i'd have to return the old one first, but it turns out they're going to send me the replacement, and i have 30 days to get the old one back to them. very happy with that, as it means i won't have to go without a kindle, plus there might be a few days overlap with a spare for my lady to read

Last edited by hippy dave; 09-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.