Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Card Export 2 at Beta 4

Hey All,

I find card export 2 to be one of the best palm utilities out there. What I like is that all you have to do is carry a hotsync cable around with you and you are carrying around an external hard drive! Plug your palm into any supported computer with usb and you can use your palm as a hard drive. Install music and apps in a flash and also use your palm as you would a floppy, zip etc.

Highly recommended! Get rid of your external sd/memory stick drive using Card Export 2 find it here.

From the site:

Accessing storage card has never been easier:

Insert your Palm into cradle or connect to USB cable
Run Card Export II application
Tap "Connect to Desktop" button
And after few seconds desktop drivers automatically mount SD/MMC card as a logical disk!

Using Softick Card Export II it's possible to access SD/MMC card inserted into Palm OS device as a logical disk on the Windows desktop.
Card Export II emulates USB Mass Storage device (like USB card reader, USB flash drives etc) and doesn't require any additional drivers on modern desktop systems.

Further Specifications

*Palm OS 4.0 (Palm OS 5 compatible and enhanced)
*Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Me on desktop, Windows 98/Mac OS X/Linux support is under development
*USB connection
*Color support: Yes
*Hi resolution support: Yes
*Recommended devices: Palm m500/m505/m515, Palm Tungsten T,T2,T3,E,C,W Palm Zire 71/21 handhelds, PalmOne Treo 600
*Currently unsupported devices: Tapwave Zodiac, Kyocera devices, Sony Clies.
*Customer support service: Available via e-mail and Web based support system in English only. We do not provide phone support.

Last edited by zire71man; 06-24-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Damn! Wish I had seen this before I bought two SD card readers!!

[UPDATE] I just installed and used this software and I have to echo zireman and say this ROCKS! I only use one 256 meg card, and I'm adding and removing music and audio book files all the time. This makes it sooo much simpler. I'm impressed! Why doesn't Palm make it work like this to start with???

Last edited by ignatz; 06-24-2004 at 11:21 AM.
Advert