Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Split Library in Two

Hi!
I hope I'm not repeating a question, but so far I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I've been using the Fanfictiondownloader plug-in to gather more summer reading. Now my library is a mess. For as many custom columns I create, views and etc, it's too complicated.
I've realized that the only way to get some order is if I create one library for fanfiction and another for books.

Question: Is there a simple way where I can select all my fanfiction and create a different library from the one that I already have?

Thanks for your attention and help.
doudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Hi!
I hope I'm not repeating a question, but so far I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I've been using the Fanfictiondownloader plug-in to gather more summer reading. Now my library is a mess. For as many custom columns I create, views and etc, it's too complicated.
I've realized that the only way to get some order is if I create one library for fanfiction and another for books.

Question: Is there a simple way where I can select all my fanfiction and create a different library from the one that I already have?

Thanks for your attention and help.
Yes!

2 steps:
1: On the Library Icon (right-click): Create/Switch: Create an Empty at the new Location: Tick the box: Copy Structure (this keeps your custom columns) ... OK

(now use the Library Icon to switch back to the main)

2: Select books by whatever choice/method you like: Right-click: Copy to Library > Pick your library and option from the list

That easy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much. It worked great and it was very simple.
doudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes!

2 steps:
1: On the Library Icon (right-click): Create/Switch: Create an Empty at the new Location: Tick the box: Copy Structure (this keeps your custom columns) ... OK

(now use the Library Icon to switch back to the main)

2: Select books by whatever choice/method you like: Right-click: Copy to Library > Pick your library and option from the list

That easy
Thanks from me as well! I Googled and your reply popped up and did the trick.

I see myself getting lazy these days ... Googling instead of reading the Help Manual.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Thanks from me as well! I Googled and your reply popped up and did the trick.

I see myself getting lazy these days ... Googling instead of reading the Help Manual.
In this case is probably the better choice. The help manual does not always have alternate uses for features
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert