Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Quiss
Spits infinitives
Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony
Pls review my cover and blurb

My first ebook!

I'd love to get some feedback on the cover art and description.
Would you buy this book if the genre (fantasy romance) interests you?

http://www.lulu.com/shop/chris-reher...-20328501.html
or
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/quiss

(Note: Lulu web site seems awfully slow today)

Q.
Quiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
westy
westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi Chris,
I'm new here, and your post is the first I have read on the forum...
Just wanted to say - Yes, I really like your cover art - well done. Did you create this yourself?
I have to admit I got a little lost in the book description - but maybe due to being unfamiliar with the genre.
Best of luck with your first publication!

Westy
westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i do read the genre, but the cover said scifi to me more than fantasy. the blurb reads okay, but i'd like to see a space between each paragraph so it doesn't feel crammed together.

congrats on your first ebook!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Quiss
Spits infinitives
Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good advice - thank you both.

I've made some changes based on your suggestions.

Westy - I made the cover myself with some layered 'clip art' and special effects. 123rf.com is a good source of reasonably priced stock art.

Q.

Last edited by Quiss; 08-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
squirli
squirli began at the beginning.

i'm totally unfamiliar with the genre but i thought it was very intriguing. Cover art was great too.
squirli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Sakinah
Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the cover is good but for the blurb I'd put the name of the planet/kingdom in the first sentence.

Something like this:

[ In the kingdom/land of xxxxxx] Brother warriors Galen and Chor are sent to a nearby moon to recover a mental adept who, although untrained and unaware, must stand in the way of an advancing enemy.

or

[During the turbulent time in the land/kingdom of xxxxxxx] Brother warriors Galen and Chor are sent to a nearby moon to recover a mental adept who, although untrained and unaware, must stand in the way of an advancing enemy.

My two cents.
Sakinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
Quiss
Spits infinitives

Hahaha, that is a great point! The story takes place almost entirely on that moon and so I never even gave that planet a name. Just never came up

The book is up on Amazon now, too, which has a longer (too long!!!) preview

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XRZUWK