Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 360+
Moderators: Do you want "heads up" reports?

In my use of forums, I'm accustomed to utilizing the "report" button to notify moderators of anything I think they might want to have eyes on, whether it requires immediate attention, just looks potentially suspect, or is slowly escalating and may merit either mild/descalating intervention or keeping a close eye on so they can be ready to intervene if needed. I've been a moderator myself on a few different forums and understand that moderators can't be omnipresent so I generally assume these reports are appreciated.

However I've just noticed that when reporting a post, Mobileread's note under the text box states:

Quote:
Note: This feature is to be used to report things which need rapid Moderator attention, such as copyright violations, problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts, or administrative functions such as moving uploaded books between servers.
In light of this statement, my question is: Do you want reports even if we aren't sure something requires "rapid Moderator attention", or would you prefer we not bother you except for the most egregiously problematic matters?

I don't mind either way, just want to know which it is to keep things easy on you guys. Thanks for your work here!
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Most of our members (including you) have exhibited pretty good discretion in the past about how and when to use the report button. We do appreciate "heads up" reports.

— Tom, on behalf of the MobileRead Moderation Team
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 360+
Thanks for clarifying.
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thank you for asking.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote