Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #31
littleisle
littleisle began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I have performed the factory re-set TWICE in the kobo, and I'm sick and tired of being unable to connect to my calibre, since the warning was yet again pushed up in my face as I connected the device.

I don't want this firmware version, so does anyone know where I can download the previous one, which I assume is the 1.1.19? Or something like that.

I've just spent the previous week factory re-setting, editing, and finally and desperately, researching for a solution. Not much time was spent actually enjoying and reading my new device -_-

---
EDIT, thank you for danskmacabre for making me see that I meant the 1.1.17 version. I don't need the shelves, I just need my kobo to properly function with my Calibre again.

Last edited by littleisle; 07-16-2012 at 09:26 AM.
littleisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #32
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I have 1.9.17 on my PC, I could stick it on dropbox or something I guess if there's no better way of getting it.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #33
littleisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I have 1.9.17 on my PC, I could stick it on dropbox or something I guess if there's no better way of getting it.
I would appreciate that.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
If it still works: http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-1.9.17.zip
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
littleisle

Thank you!

I downloaded the firmware, how do I replace it with the 2.0?
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #36
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Cool, Murg's link works, better to get it from the official kobo server..
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleisle View Post
I have performed the factory re-set TWICE in the kobo, and I'm sick and tired of being unable to connect to my calibre, since the warning was yet again pushed up in my face as I connected the device.
Please relax... There is NO issue at all with Calibre and the Touch 2.0.0. Just go the Calibre Preferences "dialog" look for the Advanced section at the bottom, then Plugins, expand the line that reads Device Interface Plugins, select Kobo Reader Device Interface and then Customize, and finally, on that screen select the option Attempt to support new...

Or if you're not happy with that solution, downgrade Calibre to the previous version.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #38
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Please relax... There is NO issue at all with Calibre and the Touch 2.0.0...

Or if you're not happy with that solution, downgrade Calibre to the previous version.
Did all that. Calibre gave no indication that it paid any attention to installing either the Kobo Reader Device Interface or to Customize/Attempt to Support New...

Even after clicking Apply and rebooting all, Calibre will not recognize my KT at all.

As firmware 2.0 has cripped my device (won't sideload new ePubs, lots of dead taps, freezing type crashes, march of the squares stopping at the second square, Processing Content stuck at 28%...) I guess I have to hope that 2.01 will come soon and that it will be competent at some basic ereader functions.

My specific interest is in preserving my tediously filled shelves, even if it stopped recognizing new sideloads some days ago. If I reset KT back to 1.9.17, and Calibre back to 0.8.59, I will lose shelves altogether, right?
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No idea.... And if you had shelves before hand, that could be a part of the problem. Remember those were not in 1.9.17 but hacked in via the plugin.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #40
Phylis Sophical
Phylis Sophical began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleBridge View Post
My specific interest is in preserving my tediously filled shelves, even if it stopped recognizing new sideloads some days ago. If I reset KT back to 1.9.17, and Calibre back to 0.8.59, I will lose shelves altogether, right?
I'm using Kobo 1.9.17 and Calibre 0.8.59 and there are no such things as shelves so yes, I guess you'd loose that option for now until the two programs start talking nice to each other.
Phylis Sophical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #41
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Quote:
No idea.... And if you had shelves before hand, that could be a part of the problem. Remember those were not in 1.9.17 but hacked in via the plugin.
I played around with the tweaks a bit but it wasn't installed/active at the time I got 2.0.0 and innocently updated to Calibre 0.8.60.

I'll stick with that setup and hope that 2.0.1 doesn't require a destructive reset.

BTW I think 2.0.1 was projected for last Saturday afternoon. What are the Vegas odds?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #42
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'm pretty sure that Kobo staff did not make any projections. Do you have a link for one from them?

To the best of my knowledge, the reason this particular update was what GvilleBridge called "destructive" was because there were changes in the Db structure, itself. This is not a frequent occurrence (fortunately).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #43
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleBridge View Post
...BTW I think 2.0.1 was projected for last Saturday afternoon. What are the Vegas odds?
Extremely bad. I've been following all this pretty closely, no word has been given as to even a remote projected date. It is possible I missed that particular post so if I'm wrong you can point me in the right direction
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #44
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think that what there was, a few days ago, was a post from someone who, in talking about why Kobo would NOT announce a time frame, used Saturday as an example. I wish I could remember who ...
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur

Quote:
I think that what there was, a few days ago, was a post from someone who, in talking about why Kobo would NOT announce a time frame, used Saturday as an example. I wish I could remember who ...
Same here. Wishful thinking, I guess.