Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Deleting format type

I've deleted many PDF files from my library, but now I can't find a way to delete the pdf link that appears in Calibre in format type for those books.
Can anyone suggest how to do it?
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger View Post
I've deleted many PDF files from my library, but now I can't find a way to delete the pdf link that appears in Calibre in format type for those books.
You went under Calibre's skirts? Because, if you had done it the CORRECT way, there would not be that problem.

Go look at the (right click) options on the Remove Books icon.

You may need to 'Repair your Library'.
I leave it to you to find and read the manual section on that task.

Your foot will thank you.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger View Post
In the Book Details screen? That very much sounds like you've been messing about under Calibre's skirts. That's a no-no. If you want to remove books or formats or whatever from your library, do it through Calibre only.

The library may be a set of directories and files on disk, but you should treat it as a black box. Don't go near it with your OS tools.

Run the library maintenance (Library -> Library Maintenance -> Check Library) and fix what it finds.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Run the library maintenance (Library -> Library Maintenance -> Check Library) and fix what it finds.
You told him,
now he will never learn
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
How did you delete the PDFs? If you deleted using Calibre the links should have cleared automatically.

If you bypassed Calibre and deleted the PDFs directly from the file system then you have corrupted the database.

To repair a corrupt dtatabase:

1. Under Library, select Library Maintenance and then Check Library.

2. If there are no other errors you will get a "Success" message. Click Yes to check if the files in your library match the database.

3. You should see "missing books formats (fixable)". Click the check box in front of "fixable" and then click Fix Marked.

That should do it.

Edit - I see several of us were typing at the same time.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
It's all sorted now, I didn't realise, thanks very much for the help. But yes, I did learn
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote