Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
frisko
frisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo vox
can't find upubs in my library

Hey guys I can't seem to find the imported content in my library. From my sd card. It says it is already in the library but I can't find it.. Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
frisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
What app are you using, Kobo or something else. If the Kobo app, are the books drm free?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
frisko
frisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notesfrisko can name that song in three notes

I have the kobo vox and yes the upub ebooks are free.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought the first instance of upubs was a typo. What are upubs?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
micro pubs?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
frisko

Upubs are the format needed to install into the kobo vox.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Never heard of them. I read DRM free ePUBs, the Kobo format (AKA kepubs) on the Vox Kobo App. Actually I use the Kobo app from the Play store, not the one that is part of the Vox.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
frisko

ok I am a frickin retard they are epub format... Sorry for all the confusion.. Now can someone please answer my question. I am heading for holidays and want to upload some EPUB ebooks onto my kobo vox.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite

OK, now I didn't ask if they were free because I wanted to know if you paid for them. I asked if they were DRM free, because the Kobo app only works with ePUBs without DRM and books with the proprietary Kobo ePUB (aka kepub) format.

There are a number of ways to get books that are drm free onto the Kobo app, including, using dropbox and downloading them from there, using Calibre server, bringing them over via USB and Adobe ADE, dragging and dropping them onto your Kobo over USB and a file manager.

If the books have Adobe Adept DRM, you can use an app like Aldiko for them. Aldiko might also work with other ePUB DRM schemes (like Nook Books). I don't know anything about that.

Last edited by taming; 06-28-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisko View Post
Hey guys I can't seem to find the imported content in my library. From my sd card. It says it is already in the library but I can't find it.. Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
It sounds like you completed the first step: copying the files onto your Vox. The next step is importing the books into the Kobo reader app.

From the bookshelf in the Kobo reader app, press the menu button. Select Import Content and follow the on screen instructions from there.

If you don't want to go through this import process, it is possible to grab a third party app from Google Play. I like CoolReader, but FBReader is pretty good too. There are other reader apps, but a lot of them like to import ePubs (though they will do so seamlessly).

Last edited by BWinmill; 06-28-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: comment on other apps
Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
frisko

I did do that and clicked on import the items but it says that they are already in my library but i don't see them on my kobo library shelf
Old 06-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Odd. I've never had that problem. You can try deleting the Pegasus directory and reimporting, but I don't know if that will solve your problem.