Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
benze
benze began at the beginning.

Device: none
Syncing multiple devices?

Hi,

Is there a way I can use a single instance of Calibre to sync two different eReaders? I would like to be able to use the same Calibre library to sync both mine and my wife's eReaders. Is this feasible? If so, can the two readers be of different types?

If not, do I need to set up 2 different instances of Calibre with 2 different libraries?

Thanks,

Eric
benze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
From other threads, there isn't any problems doing this. calibre doesn't remember much (if anything) about the ereaders between connections. But I think you are restricted to one ereader at a time, so don't connect them both at the same time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You might want to look at the Reading List plugin. It provides facilities that help you manage which books should go to which device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I have 5 ereaders that I use with a single instance of calibre. NO problems.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
benze
benze began at the beginning.

Device: none
Awesome tips. Very much appreciated. I wasn't sure given that you have to configure Calibre for your device when you first setup Calibre, so didn't know if I had 2 different types of devices if this would cause an issue.

Thanks,

Eric
benze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
The Reading List not quality check plugin allows syncing a device filling a custom column letting you know which book is on which device.

My device columns are annotated; P (Pocket Edge), E (Entourage Edge), K (Kindle), S (Sony);

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 05-26-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Correct name of plugin. Thanks kiwidude!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Gunnerp245 - in fact as itimpi said it is my Reading List plugin, not the Quality Check plugin you linked to above which lets you automatically maintain a custom column based on what books have been sent to a device.

Glad you found it useful though
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Gunnerp245 - in fact as itimpi said it is my Reading List plugin, not the Quality Check plugin you linked to above which lets you automatically maintain a custom column based on what books have been sent to a device. Glad you found it useful though
@kiwidude/ @itimpi - post corrected!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple