Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #1
tigrisg
tigrisg began at the beginning.

Device: KPW1, KOA
How to install KUAL and mods on KOA running 5.9.2.0.1?

I recently updated my KOA to 5.9.2.0.1 and the jailbreak survived. But as I tried to install KUAL using MrPI method I found it failed (open KUAL in the list of books and find it turns into a blank page)

And I searched a bit, it turns out that installing mods requires a modified .bin and use the update kindle option to install them.

But I can't find the modified .bin for linkfonts. So please tell me if I'm right and if I can install the linkfonts any other way.

Thanks a lot.
tigrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
unidevel
unidevel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289215
unidevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
coplate
Fanatic
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
@tigrisg

you have found somethign we have listed in the KOA2 jailbreak thread.

KUAL ( even booklet mode ) DOES NOT WORK on KOA2 5.9.2+

Amazon has started doing the java obfuscation methods that make it not work.

Some members are working on different replacements that they think would be useful, but one thing that is available is this:

"RUNME.sh" ( the caps are important ).

You can put any script you want on the root of your kindle in a file named "RUNME.sh", and the use teh search bar command ";log runme" to trigger it.

That is the only thing avialable at the current moment.

I believe MRPI is also not working on KOA2 5.9.2+ as well. we have some people looking at that as well.

What you need to do is find the thread of the software you want, and see if anyone can re-package it for your device as a custom .bin.

Or review my snapshot thread that @unidevel linked, and I include the commands to create bin files for the KOA2 in my posts ( in the spoiler links ), you can download kindletool and run those commands.
( the USE_UNKNOWN flag has different sntax for windows and linux, so you need to change that a little bit if you are on windows )
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
tigrisg
tigrisg began at the beginning.

Device: KPW1, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by unidevel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
@tigrisg

you have found somethign we have listed in the KOA2 jailbreak thread.

KUAL ( even booklet mode ) DOES NOT WORK on KOA2 5.9.2+

Amazon has started doing the java obfuscation methods that make it not work.

Some members are working on different replacements that they think would be useful, but one thing that is available is this:

"RUNME.sh" ( the caps are important ).

You can put any script you want on the root of your kindle in a file named "RUNME.sh", and the use teh search bar command ";log runme" to trigger it.

That is the only thing avialable at the current moment.

I believe MRPI is also not working on KOA2 5.9.2+ as well. we have some people looking at that as well.

What you need to do is find the thread of the software you want, and see if anyone can re-package it for your device as a custom .bin.

Or review my snapshot thread that @unidevel linked, and I include the commands to create bin files for the KOA2 in my posts ( in the spoiler links ), you can download kindletool and run those commands.
( the USE_UNKNOWN flag has different sntax for windows and linux, so you need to change that a little bit if you are on windows )
THANKS!!
tigrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
Vidyvideni
Vidyvideni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
@tigrisg, do you solve this problem? I tried everything , still not work. I got the same problem as you, A bank page when open KUAL.
Vidyvideni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
Georgie W
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
@tigrisg
Thanks, I think I'm comfortable with part of that - how to put a file into the root of the kindle and then trigger it.

What I don't understand (sorry) is how to write a script that would force Kual and LibrarianSync to run.

Any suggestions / advice for a newbie would be welcomed!

Thanks.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote