Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Get Books

Hi there all,

I've been using Calibre for awhile for my Kobo Touch (no don't laugh), and I think Calibre is great (grovel !)..... No really, I do.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to add your own eBook retailer to the "Get Books" list ?

I've looked through the "User Manual" eBook in Calibre itself, and in the "Actions" section where it shows and explains the various icons at the top of Calibre, the "Get Books" icon appears to be missing ?

I can't find any info anywhere else for this, would it be tricky for a non-programmer to do this ?

....Did I mention what a great program Calibre is ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
All of the stores you see are written as "Store plugins" for calibre. There is information in the help manual and from my experience user_none in particular has been brilliant at offering Store plugin support.

However the fact is that you will need to roll your sleeves up and write some Python code to get a store in there (or find someone else to do it for you) .
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your reply.....I now see the "Store plugins" list.

I guess it's not feasible to write a "standard"/"empty" store plugin where we can add the web address ourselves ?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You have to know how to access the books from a given store - it isn't magic. Just a URL wouldn't help.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
mXb
Addict

...so each Store Plugin is wriitten specifically to how that particular website has been set up, and is therefore unique to that store.

Pity there isn't a standard set up for eBook stores......maybe one day.

Thanks again for putting me straight on that...
Advert