|09-23-2012, 11:15 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Alternative to removing DRM from Kindle NY Times
(This thread is in response to a similarly titled closed thread below, but this doesn't talk of anything illegal.)
An alternative that does not require removing DRM is to get the smartphone digital subscription at approximately the same price, and then have Calibre assemble your daily NY Times for the Kindle. You can set up Calibre for automatic daily delivery over Wi-Fi when your PC is running Calibre.
- You can get the NY Times app on your smartphone.
- You can also read the NY Times from their automatic daily emails.
- You can read all the articles on their website (probably a better way to consume on a PC or tablet), or transfer the Calibre version like you said you wanted to.
- No delivery over 3G (not a problem of you don't have a 3G Kindle).
- Will miss issues if you don't start Calibre that day.
I've compared Calibre's version with the Kindle version last year, and they differed only in a few articles, which was explained by the different times of assembly.
The above is what I do. I have the automatic delivery go to my Fire because it's much faster skimming through the newspaper than on my K3. (It's the main reason I bought the Fire, as automatic Calibre delivery requires an actual Amazon Kindle because it uses Amazon's free.Kindle.com email address.)
Last edited by jj2me; 09-23-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Added smartphone NY Times app
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Removing DRM from Kindle Newspapers? New york times?||memenow||Amazon Kindle||2||09-22-2012 10:20 AM|
|Removing DRM from Kindle Fire books||jeffneedle||Kindle Fire||9||02-19-2012 03:35 PM|
|A Better DRM Alternative to Adobe DRM||obsessed2||Kindle Fire||0||01-06-2012 09:27 AM|
|Removing DRM from free kindle books||Canuck_in_Japan||Amazon Kindle||15||06-05-2011 08:37 PM|