Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormulac View Post
Still, I guess as the Kobo was £69 and the Kindle was £149 I would be surprised if there wasn't more expensive hardware in there, like a faster processor.
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not complaining about the Kobo and of the two it's the one I use on a daily basis, it would just be nice if as well as being functionally better than the Kindle it was as well polished a product as the Kindle.
Actually you should not compare the price of the 3G model.
I paid €130 for the K3 (in 2010) and €99 for the Kobo Touch (in 2012).
And the Kobo Touch has a stronger processor than the K3 and is powered at more Mhz (800 vs 532). Same for Kobo Touch as Kindle Touch.

The hardware of the Kobo Touch is pretty good. The software (firmware) is more or less a joke (but the Kindle one has its flaws too)
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
Vormulac
Vormulac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Kindle 3G
I'm comparing them because they're the two I have to compare. I wouldn't even consider a non-keyboard Kindle as entering text with a D-pad would drive me insane.
If the Kobo has a faster processor that's quite disturbing that it's so much slower than the Kindle.
Vormulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #18
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Vormulac, I'm not talking about the K4 (non keyboard) but the K3, same as yours, just without 3G (which the Kobo does not have either).

And actually for the topic entering text...
If I compare the K3 and the Kobo here, well, in my opinion the Kobo wins here, even though the K3 has a keyboard.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
Vormulac
Vormulac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Kindle 3G
I do think the physical keyboard is better than the Kobo touchscreen keyboard simply because it's more responsive, but the Kobo one is still very good indeed.
Vormulac is offline   Reply With Quote