Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
kimc127
kimc127 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-700
Hello from Lubbock, TX (iLiad user)

Hello everyone. After reading online and using my iLiad for about a month, I thought I would introduce myself.

I have read ebooks on PDAs and computers for years. I was intrigued when the Sony Reader came out last year, but after I found out it didn't allow for annotations, I didn't give it a second thought.

What really got me on the bandwagon for E-ink was the introduction of the Kindle. I'm a big user of Amazon, so I thought it would be great. I had it ready to order, then thought "But what I really read is my medical textbooks and notes, not fiction." So I canceled it, and searched for other electronic readers.

I hit upon this website and also found Irex Technologies. I saw the iLiad and I thought it would be great, so I ordered it. I have used it for a month, and it has been wonderful. I use it many, many hours a day. What do I use it for? Well, I am a medical student and I get all my school notes online in PDF or ppt format. I convert all the ppts into PDF files for notetaking. And, many of my textbooks have online access, so I download the chapters and take them with me.

The iLiad has been wonderful. Instead of dragging a full 3 inch binder with 6 slides to a page (I could never read my notes off my laptop) and massive textbooks, I can just take the iLiad. And for piece of mind, I have backups of all my notes, in case something catastrophic happened (always worried about that giant binder).

Thank you to all the helpful people on this board! I know nothing about programming or Linux, but my one request to the developers would be to create a "highlight text" function.

Kim
kimc127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to the "official" side of MobileRead, kimc127! We're glad you came "out of the dark," so to speak.

Your experiences are of particular interest, as we have lots of folks wondering about doing exactly what you have been doing. So don't be surprised if you get folks asking you questions about your experience!

I'm glad that you found good information here to help you decide on the device that suits your needs.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote