|04-11-2012, 01:46 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapters when using MobiPocket Creator
I am trying to create a couple of books with MobiPocket Creator and so far have most of it working including creating a TOC (all my chapters have <h1> tags around them), but I can't work out what I need to do so that when I use the left and right buttons on the 5 way pad it moves to the previous/next chapter.
Can anyone help?
|04-11-2012, 02:26 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
|04-16-2012, 01:49 AM||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Device: palm tx, Windows XP, Windows7
I have found answers to many 'how to's by copy-paste-edit.
Find a book that has what you need, crack it open (Calibre plugin or mobiunpack) and look for ncx or filename. If you understand how it works then you can paste & edit right places in your own file. Theoretically.
|04-16-2012, 02:48 AM||#4|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: Kindle PW2
The workflow would be as follows:
1. Add .html files to new Sigil project
2. Select the files in the Book Browser and sort them automatically by name or manually re-arrange them
3. Right-click the cover page/image, the TOC and the first page of the book; select Add Semantics > Cover/Table Of Contents/Text to add the missing guide items.
4. Press F8 to add metadata
5. Click the green checkmark to check the ePub
6. Save the ePub and compile it with KindleGen or Kindle Previewer
BTW, since MobiPocket Creator won't be updated it might be easier to start new .mobi projects in Sigl anyway.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mobipocket Creator||lmorgh||Reading and Management||6||06-14-2009 01:54 PM|
|Mobipocket Creator Help?||Robotech_Master||Kindle Formats||8||10-22-2008 11:42 AM|
|mobipocket creator||Jules||Kindle Formats||10||07-15-2008 10:12 PM|
|Creator How to use mobipocket creator?||Jules||Kindle Formats||10||06-16-2008 01:14 PM|
|Mobipocket Reader 4.8 and Mobipocket eNews Creator||Mobipocket||Reading and Management||1||01-29-2004 08:03 AM|