Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-26-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
iPodLibrary - books on your iPod

We have a thread where members discuss the usablity of reading news on your iPod. Well, guess what, there are some people who even think of reading entire books/references/guides on their tiny iPod screen.

Quote from iPodLibrary:
podBooks are cool, instant "books" that can be accessed on your iPod using the Note Reader. Ideally suited to reference, sports and music info, guides and so-on, we now aim to make them available here at iPodLibrary.com.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I think they are plain crazy. And I wonder about the effect on their ability to view other material. If I were to start reading on such a small screen (about the size of two business cards, if that) I know that I would have difficulty adjusting my vision angle to take in larger screens or full book pages or magazine pages or newspapers. This is just a terrible idea. Philippe Radley
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2004, 01:24 PM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I think I'm more apt to LISTEN to books on my iPod than to read them. Which many people now do....

Speaking of which, wouldn't it be cool if they started making audible newspapers?! You'd never get me out of the gym in the morning. I'd be buff (ok, more buff ) and well informed.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
As I am sure you know, you can put Audible content on an iPod, and Audible does provide subscriptions to certain radio stations that carry news. Never done it myself, but I do occasionally listen to a book. Cheers, Philippe Radley
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #5
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Yea, but I mean that I want some joker reading this morning's NYT to me....

Kinda like that episode of "Seinfeld" where George has to read "Risk Management"
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2004, 03:13 AM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thought it would fit into this thread... the Constitution of the United States has just been released for the iPod by the American Constitution Society
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote