Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #31
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Excellent! I used the last of my micropay dollars I had hanging around waiting for a coupon like this and got seven books. Yayyy!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #32
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Thanks, still working. Picked up a bunch of Analog, Asimov's and Interzone mags.

I've never used the option to email directly to my Kindle from Fictionwise before. Has anyone here used this? FW states Amazon charges 10c for this. Is that per title? If so, as I've purchased 487 titles from FW, it would appear to be cheaper to do this via Calibre and copy them manually.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #33
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Amazon charges for 3G deliveries on a per-MB-per-delivery basis which is rounded up (and they charge extra if you're outside the States).

WiFi should be free, though frankly, it would probably take less time to just use the batch download option + Calibre than to email any significant portion of your purchase list.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #34
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another round of purchases for preliminary series-fills/trying out the promising new releases with extra 15% discount which will never be cheaper. Some good sf/fantasy/historical from authors I normally get or been wanting to try this week, including another Effinger.

Anyone know for more-or-less sure until just when the FW coupons last (morning/afternoon/evening on Thursday/Friday?). I've never personally tried beyond 8 pm PST on Wednesdays since I've always assumed they expired at midnight EST then.

Be nice to know how much leeway I might have on adding more early-in-series trial volumes from my wishlist if I'm feeling curious, given that they probably won't do this again for another 4-6 months and I intend to have a much lighter courseload and more leisure time over the summer.

Spoiler:
2.38 - 1 Secret Light [MultiFormat] by Z.A. Maxfield
1.70 - 1 The Wrath of the Grinning Ghost [MultiFormat] by John Bellairs & Brad Strickland
1.70 - 1 The Ash Grove [MultiFormat] by Margaret James
2.38 - 1 Jerusalem [MultiFormat] by Cecelia Holland
1.70 - 1 Fatal as a Fallen Woman [MultiFormat] by Kathy Lynn Emerson
1.70 - 1 The Iron Maiden [MultiFormat] by Resa Nelson
1.70 - 1 The Dragonslayer's Sword [MultiFormat] by Resa Nelson
2.04 - 1 Heart Of The Sidhe - The Sidhe Legends: Book Four [MultiFormat] by Kenneth C. Flint
2.38 - 1 Jovian [MultiFormat] by Donald Moffitt
3.40 - 1 Those Gentle Voices [MultiFormat] by George Alec Effinger
2.40 - 1 Challenge Of The Clans [Tales Of The Fianna: Book One] [MultiFormat] by Kenneth C. Flint
2.40 - 1 A Storm Upon Ulster - Son Of The Sidhe: Book Three [MultiFormat] by Kenneth C. Flint
2.40 - 1 The Hound Of Eire - Son Of The Sidhe: Book One [MultiFormat] by Kenneth C. Flint
2.40 - 1 Tara Of The Kings - Son Of The Sidhe: Book Two [MultiFormat] by Kenneth C. Flint
2.00 - 1 The Monkey Rope [MultiFormat] by Stephen Lewis
1.60 - 1 Loot [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Turncoat [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
2.80 - 1 Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword and Sorceress XXV [MultiFormat] by Elisabeth Waters
2.80 - 1 The Calling of the Three [Book 1 of the Night-Threads Series] [MultiFormat] by Ru Emerson
-----
41.48 - Total
Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Another round of purchases for preliminary series-fills/trying out the promising new releases with extra 15% discount which will never be cheaper. Some good sf/fantasy/historical from authors I normally get or been wanting to try this week, including another Effinger.

Anyone know for more-or-less sure until just when the FW coupons last (morning/afternoon/evening on Thursday/Friday?). I've never personally tried beyond 8 pm PST on Wednesdays since I've always assumed they expired at midnight EST then.

Be nice to know how much leeway I might have on adding more early-in-series trial volumes from my wishlist if I'm feeling curious, given that they probably won't do this again for another 4-6 months and I intend to have a much lighter courseload and more leisure time over the summer.
Usually Friday at 10AM EST when they expire. This one I can't say for sure seeing instead of a routine Monday it was given the 14th which was Tuesday to expire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
ATDrake
Wizzard

Awesome, for the reply. I just need it to be (hopefully) good until mid-Thursday since I really need to get that lab report finished and if I'm doing it properly, won't have time to surf-check-dither over the wishlist until much later tonight, at best.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
ATDrake
Wizzard

Apparently, being set to officially expire on Tuesday the 14th instead of the regular Monday gives this coupon an extra day.

60% off still working when I enter it into the cart.

Magazine fills, new release with extra discount testing, 1st in series trials, and paranoia-purchases of the stuff out from small e-imprints which seemed most likely to disappear off my wishlist.

Some of it already had, and that guy who wrote those dragon books that I kind of wanted and was planning to try is lucky that I vaguely remembered and could guess at his name and was curious enough to google search and find out that he'd yanked them because he was planning to do new releases, adding the previously-unavailable 3rd book to the set (hopefully in venues other than just Amazon and maybe-B&N).

Because otherwise his books would have vanished into limbo forever from my point of view and I wouldn't have been able to buy them not because they'd disappeared from FW, but because I wouldn't have recalled enough about them to actually find them again, provided they were still out there somewhere. Hopefully he loads them back up on FW again, since he was one of the people direct-selling short stories via their author program.

Anyway, what I bought if you're morbidly curious:

Spoiler:

1.70 - 1 Blood On The Mountain [MultiFormat] by India Harper
1.70 - 1 Missing, Presumed Dead [An Amethyst Cove Mystery] [MultiFormat] by Christiane France
1.70 - 1 Double Deuce [An Amethyst Cove Mystery] [MultiFormat] by KC Kendricks
1.60 - 1 Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, January 2012 [MultiFormat] by Dell Magazine Authors
2.40 - 1 Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, January-February 2012 [MultiFormat] by Dell Magazine Authors
1.60 - 1 Asimov's Science Fiction, January 2012 [MultiFormat] by Dell Magazine Authors
2.40 - 1 Analog Science Fiction and Fact, January-February 2012 [MultiFormat] by Dell Magazine Authors
-----
13.10 - Total

1.70 - 1 Miracle of the Bellskis [Holidays with the Bellskis 2] [MultiFormat] by Astrid Amara
2.40 - 1 Pieces of the Sky [MultiFormat] by Marina Fitch
2.40 - 1 Something Rich and Strange [MultiFormat] by Carrie Richerson
2.80 - 1 The Stone Mage and the Sea [First Book of the Change] [MultiFormat] by Sean Williams
2.80 - 1 The Cloud Gatherer [Book 1 of The Oas Cycle] [MultiFormat] by John F. D. Taff
1.20 - 1 Seven from the Stars [MultiFormat] by Marion Zimmer Bradley
1.20 - 1 Endless Voyage [MultiFormat] by Marion Zimmer Bradley
2.72 - 1 Take Me Home [MultiFormat] by Sloan Parker
1.60 - 1 The Glasswrights' Apprentice [Glasswrights Series 1] [MultiFormat] by Mindy Klasky
2.40 - 1 Hong on the Range [MultiFormat] by William F. Wu
2.40 - 1 Triad [MultiFormat] by Sheila Finch
2.40 - 1 Orphans: The Best of Steven R. Boyett's Short Fiction [MultiFormat] by Steven R. Boyett
2.00 - 1 Frost [MultiFormat] by Robin W. Bailey
2.00 - 1 Astronomy [MultiFormat] by Richard Wadholm
2.80 - 1 No Enemy But Time [MultiFormat] by Michael Bishop
2.80 - 1 Unicorn Mountain [MultiFormat] by Michael Bishop
2.80 - 1 Journey [MultiFormat] by Marta Randall
2.80 - 1 Suldrun's Garden [Lyonesse Book 1] [MultiFormat] by Jack Vance
2.00 - 1 Hatshepsut: Daughter of Amun [Book 1 of The Egyptian Series] [MultiFormat] by Moyra Caldecott
1.20 - 1 The Planet Savers [Darkover series] [MultiFormat] by Marion Zimmer Bradley & Elisabeth Waters
2.00 - 1 King and Raven [MultiFormat] by Cary James
3.98 - 1 Magnificat [MultiFormat] by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
2.40 - 1 Colonel Rutherford's Colt [MultiFormat] by Lucius Shepard
-----
52.80 - Total
Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #38
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
One interesting one - E-reads books are more expensive these days, but Michael Coney's Cat Karina was only 4.99 - or 2.00 with discount. One I had as a kid that I liked.

Michael Coney books
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
One interesting one - E-reads books are more expensive these days, but Michael Coney's Cat Karina was only 4.99 - or 2.00 with discount.
I think I've actually noticed their books overall becoming cheaper.

E-reads used to price all of theirs from 8.99-9.99 (for fiction), but last year they pricedropped a bunch of them (those Aaron Elkins mysteries went from 9.99 each to 3.99) and now 6.99 seems to be the new standard price point for most releases (with exceptions for some authors like Dave Duncan and George Alec Effinger and Harlan Ellison, who mostly persist at 9.99).

Thanks for the recommendation. Those look interesting and I'll put them on the wishlist for the next round of deep-discount couponage to try out.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #40
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Lots of them used to be $6.00 at webscriptions but I don't think they add any more there.

Christopher Hinz's Paratwa trilogy is good, too. Liege-Killer, Ash Ock etc. if you don't have it, for future discounts.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote