Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
AkiraReader
Connoisseur
AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox, Kindles
Boox M96 Universe - where to put update.zip?

I purchased a Boox M96 Universe off Amazon a while back, and wanted to update to their latest firmware 1.81 on the Boox site.

So I followed their instructions, copied update.zip at the root of the device and "Install Firmware from Local Storage" option says it's not present. The device thinks it's a book, and added it to my Library. I also tried putting it in DATA subdirectory, and also tried putting it on the SD card. Nothing works.

Any ideas where I'm supposed to put this update.zip, so the device will upgrade firmware?

thanks!
AkiraReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,

the root folder of the device is correct. If the device does not recognise the update.zip, it could be because the Universe version was protected by Artatech (former ONyx distributor from Poland) and does not allow foreign updates. If you want you can convert your device to international version using MFG Tools: http://ereader-store.de/DATA/M96/M96...625f3_user.zip

1. Start MfgTool2.exe
2. Connect your M96 to the PC and power off your device (press power button for 8-10 seconds)
3. press Back button and Power button at the same time and keep pressing them until the HID compliant device appears in the MFG program window (ca. 4 seconds). Your device is in download mode now and the screen of the device remains unchanged.

4. .Click on Start button in the program and wait for the software has been installed (3-4 minutes)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote