Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #421
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Ok Im asking for a Tip/Trick/How To....

I just becamee an Android cell phone owner this past week so now I do have full access to the Play store (Google) so no more complaints about not having full apps access fir my Fire

My question is...

How do I find the APK file for the apps Ive installed on my Droid phone and copy them so I can move them to my dropbox/box cloud storage so I can load / install the apps I cant get on Amazon onto my Fire?

Is there a backup option or something? Im a bit lots here

I do have ES File Explorer and all the typical file / explorer apps installed on my Droid and Fire so... I should be good to go but need to know how to find the apk files on my phone. I dont see them anywhere.

thanks

Last edited by salsaguy; 05-04-2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #422
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Ok Im asking for a Tip/Trick/How To....

I just becamee an Android cell phone owner this past week so now I do have full access to the Play store (Google) so no more complaints about not having full apps access

My question is...

How do I find the APK file for the apps Ive installed on my Droid phone and copy them so I can move them to my dropbox/box cloud storage so I can load / install the apps I cant get on Amazon onto my Fire?

Is there a backup option or something? Im a bit lots here

I do have ES File Explorer and all the typical file / explorer apps installed on my Droid and Fire so... I should be good to go but need to know how to find the apk files on my phone. I dont see them anywhere.

thanks
I use ES File explorer, too. In that program on your phone, go to App Manager. You'll see a list of your apps. Then long press on the one you want to backup. It will backup to a file called backups. Then, still in ES FE, navigate to Backups and long press on the app you want to put in Dropbox. Of course make sure you have the dropbox app on the phone already.

I think that's how I do it. It's early and I haven't finished my coffee.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #423
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I use ES File explorer, too. In that program on your phone, go to App Manager. You'll see a list of your apps. Then long press on the one you want to backup. It will backup to a file called backups. Then, still in ES FE, navigate to Backups and long press on the app you want to put in Dropbox. Of course make sure you have the dropbox app on the phone already.

I think that's how I do it. It's early and I haven't finished my coffee.
That's how I do it, too. Another way is install WiFi File Explorer on your phone, access your phone on the Fire's browser and download the apk onto the Fire from there (w/o having to upload to dropbox).
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #424
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

never mind. i figured it out.
i found the android assistant app in the store. it has a built in tool/utility for backing up any app installed. it puts the apk in a place easily found.

try it out
Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #425
salsaguy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
That's how I do it, too. Another way is install WiFi File Explorer on your phone, access your phone on the Fire's browser and download the apk onto the Fire from there (w/o having to upload to dropbox).
that wont help as i said in my original post i could not find any apk files on the phone and i know how to search. so it needs something to extract the apk from the program to back up and get access to the apk file.

Last edited by salsaguy; 05-06-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: fixed typeos
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #426
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
that wont help as i said in my original post i could not find any apk files on the phone and i kn9w how ti search. so it needs something yo extract the apk from the program to back up and get access to the apk file.
You asked how to find AND copy. He was answering the copy part.
The first response told you how to use the backup feature of ES File Explorer, which you said you already had, to get the apk on your phone, as well as one way to do the copy.

I use File Expert for the same two purposes.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #427
AbeRod1986
AbeRod1986 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Hello all, I'm new here, I got my KF on Wednesday deal of the day (refurb, $139) and it's on the delivery truck on the way to my home right now XD

Been reading a lot, and I'm very interested in Go-Launcher EX. That's the launcher I use ion my Evo 3D. I read the wallpaper, if changed, will go back to the default when the device goes to sleep. I would like to know what the default wallpaper looks like.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw it, it's a rotating bg pencils, records, film, and son on. correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by AbeRod1986; 05-04-2012 at 10:22 AM.
AbeRod1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #428
AbeRod1986
AbeRod1986 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Quote:
that wont help as i said in my original post i could not find any apk files on the phone and i kn9w how ti search. so it needs something yo extract the apk from the program to back up and get access to the apk file.
Let me try and be more helpfull with this question. I use Astro file manager on my phone, on the main screen there's a back up option, it brings up a list of all the apps. Pick the ones you want to back up and it will put the .apk file in thesd card on a folder called backup. From there you can email them, upload them to dropbox, look for them from your kindle over wi-fi using wi-fi explorer, load them from your computer, etc.

hope that helps.
AbeRod1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #429
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Okay open ES File Explorer and go to its app manager, long press on the app you want to backup and press backup then wait till it says it's done. Now use ES File explorer to go to a folder on your SD Card name Backups in there will be folder named Apps and in that folder will be the APK files you need.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #430
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay open ES File Explorer and go to its app manager, long press on the app you want to backup and press backup then wait till it says it's done. Now use ES File explorer to go to a folder on your SD Card name Backups in there will be folder named Apps and in that folder will be the APK files you need.
OH! You mean sort of like bjones said in the first reply?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #431
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
OH! You mean sort of like bjones said in the first reply?
Similar but with more detailed steps. I actually wrote a tutorial on this in one of the stickies. It's step by step. I'll have to find it for future reference. This question comes up alot.

Ah here it is!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #432
salsaguy
Addict

backing up apps instructions

Thanks yes its good to have more options on how to do it.

I think with Android Assistant its more integrated and less keypresses but both work equally well.

Definitely all users need to know how to do this especially for PAID apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Similar but with more detailed steps. I actually wrote a tutorial on this in one of the stickies. It's step by step. I'll have to find it for future reference. This question comes up alot.

Ah here it is!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #433
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not sure if this was covered, and I originally saw it somewhere here but I'm sorry I don't recall who the poster was to give credit where credit it due...

To download library books install Aldiko. In your browser go to your Overdrive login page and copy the URL to the clipboard.

Within Aldiko in the settings enter your credentials for Adobe DRM, then go to the store. Once in the store hit your menu button and select "My Catalogs".

Add a new Catalog with a descriptive name of your choosing, and paste the URL you copied earlier.

Once you save this configuration you should be able to go back to this area and it will take you to the online library where you can browse, add to your cart and check out. The books will then download and open within Aldiko.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #434
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I put GoLauncher on last night. Nice to have an alternative look! I don't dislike the Amazon stock, though I don't really care for the Carousel.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #435
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I put GoLauncher on last night. Nice to have an alternative look! I don't dislike the Amazon stock, though I don't really care for the Carousel.
The Carousel has grown on me. I only keep the books I'm reading on there. I just wish I didn't have to clean it off each night but it's convenient to open the book I was reading right away.