Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
WendyR14
WendyR14 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle; ipad; netbook
Question Lost the Device Action button - Kindle 3

I am running version 0.8.25 (portable if it matters) and the Device action button has disappeared!

I no longer have it appear on the toolbar when my kindle is connected. It isn't in the wrap around of the toolbar, nor is the icon there to be selected in the preferences settings. The device is being recognised, as the OnDevice column appears correctly, as does the Send to Device action.

Could I have done something to remove this - I didn't do so on purpose so where would I look to get it back again?

Any ideas?
WendyR14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyR14 View Post
I am running version 0.8.25 (portable if it matters) and the Device action button has disappeared!

I no longer have it appear on the toolbar when my kindle is connected. It isn't in the wrap around of the toolbar, nor is the icon there to be selected in the preferences settings. The device is being recognised, as the OnDevice column appears correctly, as does the Send to Device action.

Could I have done something to remove this - I didn't do so on purpose so where would I look to get it back again?

Any ideas?
Preferences: Toolbars: "When Device is connected"

The section is called Location Manager and should appear in the Right List.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
WendyR14
WendyR14 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle; ipad; netbook
Thanks - didn't recognise that Location Manager would appear as the Device action! I expect there's a logic to the name, but . . .

thanks again for the quick reply.
WendyR14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyR14 View Post
Thanks - didn't recognise that Location Manager would appear as the Device action! I expect there's a logic to the name, but . . .

thanks again for the quick reply.
I have no clue as to the name
The reason I know about it is:
I cleaned up unused items on my toolbars.
The next time I connected my PEz

"I broke it!" What did I remove
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote