Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
brettm
brettm is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo vox
Oh no....preorder cancelled but credit card has been charged

I was one of the group who cancelled their preorder and picked it up locally. I have the confirmation email of the cancellation yet they charged my card. Am I the only one?
brettm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
janstone
janstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Nope! Me too! The charge went thru this morning and guess what arrived at the door today!!!! Well, my daughter is now getting a Kobo Vox for Christmas. One problem solved.
janstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
They had probably already charged the card. If they charged it they then have to credit it back it could take a couple days to show. Mine shows teh same thing - a charge on the 27th. If the credit doesn't show up in a couple days I will call them.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
brettm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
I was one of the group who cancelled their preorder and picked it up locally. I have the confirmation email of the cancellation yet they charged my card. Am I the only one?
Update. Minutes after i email Kobo I got a call from a Kobo rep Darrell ( the guy who never sleeps) and is taking care of the charges. And I will send back the unit prepaid.

Kudos to Kobo.

Brett
Old 11-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Did any of you get a 'processing' or 'shipping' email? I haven't, but I am wondering if I should check my card to see if it was charged anyway...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
brettm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Did any of you get a 'processing' or 'shipping' email? I haven't, but I am wondering if I should check my card to see if it was charged anyway...
I do not recall getting an email but checking my account from time to time I noticed my order was pending. I would check your account as it seems the preorders are arriving.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
How do you do this? I don't expect mine for a bit yet but can't see where to check status. My purchase history just shows books.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
How do you do this? I don't expect mine for a bit yet but can't see where to check status. My purchase history just shows books.
Mine too - and nothing charged to my card yet.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #9
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Same with me, no charge yet.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote