Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #76
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
A homebrewer has now written an installable patch for the Touchpad PDF reader that wraps up the improved zoom and jump to page enhancements and adds the ability to remember the page you last read.

EDIT: Note that you'll need Preware installed to use the patch. Once installed, you just go to the link mentioned in the thread for the patch and click install.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-06-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #77
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
A homebrewer has now written an installable patch for the Touchpad PDF reader that wraps up the improved zoom and jump to page enhancements and adds the ability to remember the page you last read.

EDIT: Note that you'll need Preware installed to use the patch. Once installed, you just go to the link mentioned in the thread for the patch and click install.

Graham
Did you try it? Did it make a difference?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #78
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Did you try it? Did it make a difference?
It incorporates the same zoom hack so there's no difference to legibility over that manual patch, but also adds the other two features.

I don't really need the jump to page feature as my books aren't long enough to make scrolling through the original version's drop-down list an issue, but the page-remembering works very well.

It's definitely worth installing just to be able to re-open PDFs where you left off reading them, and this installable patch makes the process simpler than having to edit the javascript file manually and reboot.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #79
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That requires a hacked TouchPad, right?
no, with the kindle import you just tell the app, that it has to accept the new books, what it - maybe - will do.

see my post on an other question

I am one of the lucky guys who got a HP Touchpad 32GB for $149.
Can't help smiling :-))

p-reader native is good, sideloaded books on the kindle app works with "Kindle Import" only up to a certain page-limit and i still did not figure it out, how to get it tweaked to get them all complete.

There is also "readMe" and "Book Reader", but they are all not satisfying.

epub's i usually read with my sony psr 505, my nc rooted or my nook touch (even sometimes modified on my palm live drive).
when reading them on the touchpad i use "pReader native"

for reading pdf i bought "Quickoffice" and "Picsel smart office". first one is also good for reading MS-Office Stuff, later one can not only read them, but you can work with them like the "Office to go" on the palm life drive.
They are both better than the pdf-reader, that came with the Touchpad!

in the end, the Touchpad is a great thing to take on vacation, with the build in mic and headphones even VOIP is possible - but i will always include an e-ink device for smooth reading.

Battery life on the HP Touchpad is great. on my last trip from Berlin to New York (9 1/2 hours) I watched one whole season of "sons of anarchy" and half of "Ghost rider", before it run out of juice

keep reading and support Kovid with Callibre

all the best
Harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote