Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Battery More Than 1/2 Full, Still Died

For the first time my reader shut off, prompting me to charge it. The battery was more than 1/2 full. Why is there no warning of a low battery? Why is it powering off?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
For the first time my reader shut off, prompting me to charge it. The battery was more than 1/2 full. Why is there no warning of a low battery? Why is it powering off?
I plugged it into a wall outlet and it shows completely charged after less than 15 minutes.
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
I had the same problem on Saturday! I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't just me neglecting to check the battery notification, so I didn't want to say anything.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi Scion, not sure why this would be happening. I would suggest keeping it plugged in for 2-3 hours to ensure the battery is fully charged first and see if you run into the error again.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi Scion, not sure why this would be happening. I would suggest keeping it plugged in for 2-3 hours to ensure the battery is fully charged first and see if you run into the error again.
Thank you. I'll leave it plugged in overnight.
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
ScrabbleDude
ScrabbleDude began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
This has happened to me twice since upgrading to 1.9.9, and I've seen it mentioned on the forum since then as well. When mine dies, I plug it in and it immediately shows about a 60% charge. Not sure what is triggering it though, I've let my battery run lower than that recently.
ScrabbleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Similar experience here.

Battery showed about 50% charge when I switched it off last night. Come lunchtime today it wouldn't turn on at all. LED flashed green briefly, that was it.
Plugged it in to charge, battery showed about 50% charge immediately. Still charging after 1 hour though.

Why didn't it turn on ?

Still running 1.9.8 btw.
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
My battery died last evening while I was reading. The battery monitor showed that the battery was about 3/4 charged. I had only charged it two days before. I plugged it into the wall. Left it overnight (11-12 hours). This morning, it was still charging, although when I disconnected it, it looks fully charged. I am running firmware v 1.9.9

Love reading on my KT, but it really is very buggy. I have the Storage error problem, the problem with the home screen when using a SD card, double page turn, and now a battery problem. Glad these guys are not building planes or cars!

Last edited by ldrover; 08-23-2011 at 07:15 AM.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
Mine did that and then the screen wouldn't turn back on. Hope keeping it plugged in works for you!
octoberdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #10
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I have had this happen to me twice now. Battery looked to be at about 80%, just like the first time it happened.

Grrrr.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
I had this happen to me once as well a few weeks after I purchased it in July.

IIRC the batt meter showed about 2/3 full but the popup came for me to charge it, so I did and it's never happened again. I believe that I was running the previous to last fw, the one that got replaced quickly so I figured it must've been the charging or whatever it was bug regression that got fixed along with whatever the other problem with that short lived update was...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Hmmm... well, I'm on the latest firmware 1.9.9, and it has happened to me since then.

The first time, admittedly, was on an earlier version of the firmware.

And @Scion: same thing happened to me; showed fully charged in less than 15 minutes.

I guess I'll try the 3 hour charge or the overnight charge next time. If there is a next time. (Crosses fingers that there *won't* be a next time).
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Last night I had the 'Charge Now' screen come up when the battery indicator was showing about 80% full! When I plugged it into my PC the indictor still said it was 80% full and then reported it was fully charged after about 10 minutes. I left it plugged in for about another hour, but I don't know what was happening.

This morning, after being in sleep mode all night, it is still showing full battery.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo Wifi light changed color to indicate charge complete and it seemed pretty accurate. I miss that on KT.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
DoBoY
DoBoY began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I have just experienced the exact same issue, has anyone got any more info on this battery being charged yet still shutting down then charging to full in 10 mins?
DoBoY is offline   Reply With Quote