Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
petoskeytm
petoskeytm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc/adobe digital for pc
help with disappearing library

a few days ago after needing to do a system reset I re-installed calibre and loaded all my books back today I went in and they're all gone the folder is fine all my files are where they should be but in Calibre itself it shows I have 0 books. Is it a known glitch or is my pc being weird again?
petoskeytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...libre-is-blank

Usually this is caused by the first bullet item.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
petoskeytm
petoskeytm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc/adobe digital for pc
found it thank you

thank you, I found the backup and got everything back i deleted the metodata in the calibre folder thinking it was a remnant data from moving things back and forth to and from my portable drive while I was restoring my laptop i didn't realize it was basicly what tells calibre what all my books are and what to do with them, I'm not sure why I didn't find that link in the faq before I posted :/ maybe I overlooked it when I was trying to figure it out
petoskeytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The cardinal rule of thumb is to never alter the contents of caliber folders using anything other than caliber. When you backup, backup everything without alteration.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote